• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greetings from a new member!

44 posts in this topic

Good afternoon and Happy Friday!

I'm a long-time lurker who's finally broken down and gotten an account. I have to say that reading these boards always re-energizes my collecting jones. There are some truly remarkable collections out there to which I can only aspire but hey, everyone's got his niche.

My name's Jason, I live in New England, and my collecting interests are generally mid-grade Silver/Bronze DC and Marvel, with a few outliers here and there. Last year I completed Avengers #1-326 (grades all over the map) and Captain America #100-410 (likewise, but generally slightly better). I've been collecting comics off and on since 1979, the first one I remember being Brave and Bold #151.

Right now I'm focusing on the last few Cap appearances in Tales of Suspense that I need (#60, #63-65), and working on a mid-grade Brave and Bold run. I snagged the #44 and #46 on eBay for decent prices not long ago. I've got all of the last 100 issues except for a few of the 100-pagers, most of #51-100, and a few of #1-50, my earliest being #32 in about G/VG, maybe VG-. I was dismayed to see Jerry Weist's VG/F B&B #28 go for $962 recently, I would LOVE a #28 in that shape (about the same as my Avengers #1), but with an upcoming wedding, it'll be awhile before I can part with that kind of scratch.

Anyway, glad to be here and hope to take part in some interesting discussions. Best to all.

27_laughing.gif.. Love the name.

And since you have been a long time lurker there is no need to warn you about all the goings on here.

Welcome .. glad you logged on.

Hail Seizure!

hail.gif

Ze-

Welcome to the boards Julius.....and remember to behave. We have a saying here......

"Beware the Strikes of Arch". thumbsup2.gif

Red Hook

foreheadslap.giftongue.gif

Welcome to the boards Julius.....and remember to behave. We have a saying here......

"Beware the Strikes of Arch". thumbsup2.gif

Red Hook

893scratchchin-thumb.gif
yeahok.gif