• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greetings from a new member!

44 posts in this topic

Thanks for the great welcome! Yes, I've been lurking long enough to know that this is a rough-and-tumble kind of place. I can handle it. :-) I'm a clean-cut, inoffensive type who never leaves piles on the longboxes next to me and always sends payment within a day or two, so I'm sure I'll keep my nose clean.

I will post a detailed want list at some point as I know we have some great sellers here. I'm planning on going to the Boston show this weekend, and to WizardWorld Boston in Sept/Oct, so after that I'll see how much budget I have left. For now, early Brave and Bold's in 4.0-6.0 will always get my attention, and if I can't meet your price at the moment, I'll keep it in the back of my mind as my budget frequently changes due to circumstances.

Thanks again, great to be here!

but with an upcoming wedding, it'll be awhile before I can part with that kind of scratch.

Welcome aboard JuliusSeizure but...

With the "upcoming wedding" I suspect that, not only will it be a while before you part with the scratch, but your collecting days are over. Dont get me wrong, I am sure you wear the pants and all. But i can imagine the conversations now:

"Honey..."

"Yes dear"?

"You are not going to believe this... I found an 8.0 Hulk # 3 on ebay for $500. Its a great deal!!! I have to have it. Can I take it out of the children's college fund?!?"

And you can guess how it goes from there...

Elvis

but with an upcoming wedding, it'll be awhile before I can part with that kind of scratch.

With the "upcoming wedding" I suspect that, not only will it be a while before you part with the scratch, but your collecting days are over. Dont get me wrong, I am sure you wear the pants and all. But i can imagine the conversations now:

"Honey..."

"Yes dear"?

"You are not going to believe this... I found an 8.0 Hulk # 3 on ebay for $500. Its a great deal!!! I have to have it. Can I take it out of the children's college fund?!?"

Elvis

the King speaketh truth right here. you'll be lucky to be able to get an $8 glass of scotch at your anniversary dinner, much less throw down mad cash at a vg copy of JIM 95

"Honey..."

"Yes dear"?

Elvis

the King speaketh truth right here. you'll be lucky to be able to get an $8 glass of scotch at your anniversary dinner, much less throw down mad cash at a vg copy of JIM 95

Ha! Y'know what, though? She was present when I bought the Avengers #4 and again when I bought the #1, and both times I was the one getting weak-kneed and wishy-washy and she was the one egging me on to seal the deal. She's not a comic fan, but she thinks it's really cool when I latch onto a grail. She actually has a lot of friends who like comics, which helps.

She also knows that if she blesses my comic buys, I have less of a leg to stand on when criticizing her clothing and entertainment purchases. Fiendishly clever, this woman. (Of course, too much of this can cause a feedback loop leading straight to bankruptcy, but I was raised to be conservative about money and know when to say when.) Comics are pretty much the only luxury I spend money on that's just for me, as opposed to us.

So, no high-grade early Detectives in my immediate future, but I'm not completely out of the game just yet!

She was present when I bought the Avengers #4 and again when I bought the #1, and both times I was the one getting weak-kneed and wishy-washy and she was the one egging me on to seal the deal. She's not a comic fan, but she thinks it's really cool when I latch onto a grail. She actually has a lot of friends who like comics, which helps.

893whatthe.gif On these boards, that's what we call a KEEPER! 27_laughing.gif

Congratulations and welcome to the boards.