• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: THE ACOLYTE (2023?)
7 7

547 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2024 at 11:59 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:
On 6/6/2024 at 9:53 PM, I like pie said:

You sound pretty ridiculous. 90% of the reviews are based on 2 episodes and review bombing. Your blind hate of Star Wars Disney lacks conviction. This series could very well end up being awful but people who don't even give it a chance before the story is told sound foolish.

I don't understand why the review sites allow anyone to vote before the series is completed. 

Do you need to finish the entire meal to know if it's good or not?

Well if the meal is multiple courses, then yes, it would be premature to write a review of the full meal before you have finished all of the courses. 

On 6/9/2024 at 8:45 PM, awakeintheashes said:

What’s the social message? Another girl gets in trouble or loses focus and needs a male to bail her out or help her find her way? That’s what we have here and had with Ahsoka.

In two episodes, we’ve got one female reliant on her male master to clear her name and another female character trying to prove her worth to another male. 

I’m not seeing anything forced down throats, and I’m not feeling victimized. I’m sorry if you are, though.

You lost me at “male master”. Just breathe, it’s only Star Wars.

On 6/10/2024 at 12:03 AM, Silver Surfer said:

You lost me at “male master”. Just breathe, it’s only Star Wars.

You’re losing everyone with your social message crutch. Breathe, it’s only Star Wars. 

On 6/10/2024 at 12:02 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Well if the meal is multiple courses, then yes, it would be premature to write a review of the full meal before you have finished all of the courses. 

So you would eat each course in its entirety before you could decide if it was good, bad, or indifferent?

Wow.

On 6/10/2024 at 12:12 AM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

So you would eat each course in its entirety before you could decide if it was good, bad, or indifferent?

Wow.

I would make note of each course in the review. For example, the duck was gamey and I wanted to vomit, but the peach cobbler was Devine. While the tasty dessert saved this meal from being a disaster, it still wasn’t enough to make me recommend it to anyone. 

Edited by awakeintheashes
Dessert not desert

On 6/10/2024 at 12:02 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Also, based on this, you have never expressed an opinion about anything you didn't see through to its end?

hm :Rocket:

On 6/10/2024 at 12:14 AM, awakeintheashes said:

I would make note of each course in the review. For example, the duck was gamey and I wanted to vomit, but the peach cobbler was Devine. While the tasty dessert saved this meal from being a disaster, it still wasn’t enough to make me recommend it to anyone. 

And you could/would only do that after choking down each gamey forkful until nothing was left? Wouldn't want to judge it prematurely.

C'mon man! That's some fine manure you're spreading.

On 6/9/2024 at 11:12 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

No, it isn't.

It's actually very poor on many levels but to make it simple, lets use it on a painting, because that's art. Right?

If someone creates a large painting for you but put a blanket over three quarters of it and ask if you like it.

Maybe it's green and that's your least favorite color. Not a great start! Can you hate it already though? Without seeing the rest?

You could but is that fair to the artist? It is possible it will be the greatest masterpiece you ever saw, as a completed, whole picture.

It could be garbage too.

The point is there was nothing in two episodes to warrant people spazzing out. It makes it appear they have severe ADHD.

Be patient or don't watch it because you'll sound foolish ranting about a story that hasn't finsihed.

Edited by I like pie

On 6/10/2024 at 12:16 AM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Also, based on this, you have never expressed an opinion about anything you didn't see through to its end?

hm :Rocket:

Did I say that? Your point is that you can make a judgement on a show by seeing only two episodes, or how good a full meal is by just eating the salad. 

It’s fine to say that episode 1 or 2 was slow, acting was bad, but it’s a bit premature to say the show in its entirety is a failure. 

On 6/10/2024 at 12:18 AM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

And you could/would only do that after choking down each gamey forkful until nothing was left? Wouldn't want to judge it prematurely.

C'mon man! That's some fine manure you're spreading.

Indeed, I would if I was writing a review. If I was just there for dinner, nope, I’m leaving. 

On 6/10/2024 at 12:20 AM, I like pie said:

It's actually very poor on many levels but to make it simple, lets use it on a painting, because that's art. Right?

If someone creates a large painting for you but put a blanket over three quarters of it and ask if you like it.

Maybe it's green and that's your least favorite color. Not a great start! Can you hate it already though? Without seeing the rest?

You could but is that fair to the artist? It is possible it will be the greatest masterpiece you ever saw, as a completed, whole picture.

It could be garbage too.

The point is there was nothing in two episodes to warrant people spazzing out. It makes it appear they have severe ADHD.

Be patient or don't watch it because you'll sound foolish ranting about a story that hasn't finsihed.

That's a terrible example. There's literally no reason to do that with a painting. 

A show, however, is consumed. And it is common for people to stop when they don't like it, even 1 or 2 bites in.

And, if they don't like it enough, they lose their appetite.

Actually, my example is spot on.

On 6/10/2024 at 12:25 AM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

That's a terrible example. There's literally no reason to do that with a painting. 

A show, however, is consumed. And it is common for people to stop when they don't like it, even 1 or 2 bites in.

Sorry, but it’s not spot on.  The point ILP was making was about reviews being posted. It wasn’t about people not watching the rest of the show because they didn’t like the first two episodes. 

On 6/10/2024 at 12:22 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Indeed, I would if I was writing a review. If I was just there for dinner, nope, I’m leaving. 

Perfect. I would say the dinner analogy applies to 99.9999% of people watching these shows/movies.

I appreciate you making my point.

On 6/10/2024 at 12:27 AM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Perfect. I would say the dinner analogy applies to 99.9999% of people watching these shows/movies.

I appreciate you making my point.

And, I appreciate you missing the point. 

On 6/10/2024 at 12:27 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Sorry, but it’s not spot on.  The point ILP was making was about reviews being posted. It wasn’t about people not watching the rest of the show because they didn’t like the first two episodes. 

See your dinner comparison. We are not talking about reviews. We're talking about people not liking the dinner Disney cooked for them.

On 6/9/2024 at 11:25 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

There is. That's what you're doing to the show. Maybe I should have broken it down simpler.

You could, relatively speaking, say one bite out of a steak is a whole meal and judge it based on that

Or if the steak was tough on one half and delicious on the other.

The meal vs and incomplete story just has no logic.

On 6/9/2024 at 11:59 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:
On 6/6/2024 at 9:53 PM, I like pie said:

You sound pretty ridiculous. 90% of the reviews are based on 2 episodes and review bombing. Your blind hate of Star Wars Disney lacks conviction. This series could very well end up being awful but people who don't even give it a chance before the story is told sound foolish.

I don't understand why the review sites allow anyone to vote before the series is completed. 

Expand  

Do you need to finish the entire meal to know if it's good or not?

Quoting to help you find the target. The point was about “reviews.”  Second sentence, starts with an R, ends with an S, has eview in the middle. it’s there, trust me.