• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: THE ACOLYTE (2023?)
3 3

289 posts in this topic

On 6/10/2024 at 12:29 AM, I like pie said:

There is. That's what you're doing to the show. Maybe I should have broken it down simpler.

You could, relatively speaking, say one bite out of a steak is a whole meal and judge it based on that

Or if the steak was tough on one half and delicious on the other.

The meal vs and incomplete story just has no logic.

doh! Why would you waste your time doing so? How many horrible steaks "get better" as you work your way through them? 

I'd make the argument that Disney's other Star Wars fare IS why people are quitting shows early. They already have the experience how terrible their meals have become, start to finish.

Applies to Marvel as well.

On 6/10/2024 at 12:33 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Quoting to help you find the target. The point was about “reviews.”  Second sentence, starts with an R, ends with an S, has eview in the middle. it’s there, trust me. 

Nice try. Reviews are reviews. Watching to the end does not discredit them.

Besides which, the quote was directed at posters here, as well.

Edited by Hulksdaddy1

On 6/10/2024 at 12:38 AM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Nice try. Reviews are reviews. Watching to the end does not discredit them.

You’ve chosen a tasty hill to die on here. And, while I believe you are completely wrong in your analogy, you have succeeded in making me hungry. So for that, I thank you for the late night snack I will soon enjoy.  

On 6/10/2024 at 12:33 AM, I like pie said:

Just to recap, I thought it was just average so far.(shrug)

I’m fine with it so far, even some of the director’s stylistic camera shot choices. What I’m not a fan of is how the sets look like…sets.

After the first two Mando seasons and especially Andor, it’s hard to get into a world that doesn’t look like a world.  

The leading Fan Theory so far.

Thew acolyte is a matrimonial dispute between Leslye and her wife.  

Giving her $18.50 worth of makeup, and costume, they got change from a 20.  Securing the worst makeup ever applied to an alien in the history of SW.    And Rebecca for her part, deliver's every line like a " like a bulldog chewing on a wasp".   A combination of bland and angry, 

image.png.b43fb50dda1805cf75225177a1ff94ec.png

Yup, leading.

On 6/8/2024 at 12:02 AM, I like pie said:

Still, Disney isn't hurting. Not even a little.

They are doing so great they A) had to replace their CEO B) had to revamp their entire slate of Marvel movies and C) lost half their market cap over the last two years. All is well! lol

image.png

I think we are now at the point that anything with the Disney logo and some people (certainly not here :hi:) look to find ways to dislike something because of an underlying potential message or mindset

People want to make sure that their beliefs aren't questioned by the things they like or dislike

the shows and movies have become more about political stances (and Disney is somewhat to blame for that) than about the content on the show

Edited by jsilverjanet

On 6/11/2024 at 11:05 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I think we are now at the point that anything with the Disney logo and some people (certainly not here :hi:) look to find ways to dislike something because of an underlying potential message or mindset

People want to make sure that their beliefs aren't questioned by the things they like or dislike

the shows and movies have become more about political stances (and Disney is somewhat to blame for that) than about the content on the show

I think many, if not most, people are tired of anything with an ideological bent, especially if it's the same one over and over. That's just human nature. 

On 6/11/2024 at 10:00 AM, october said:

They are doing so great they A) had to replace their CEO B) had to revamp their entire slate of Marvel movies and C) lost half their market cap over the last two years. All is well! lol

image.png

They certainly aren't doing as well(Are any of the studios?) but with the vast amount of properties they own, the income and profits come for more than one place.

Movies, Television, Toys, Theme Parks, etc..

On 6/11/2024 at 8:00 AM, october said:

image.png

Do you see a pattern here:

- Disney hires a bunch of clowns who proclaim loudly and arrogantly that they are going to revamp, improve on an already proven product, do it their way. This is the way.

- Disney gives them a ridiculous budget to achieve said goal(s).

- Show comes out and it’s yet another steaming turd.

- Fans voice their frustration with Disney’s poor track record/methods over the last few years, and rightfully so.
- Apologists run in to make excuses, feelings are hurt. Boo hoo.