• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: THE ACOLYTE (2023?)
4 4

307 posts in this topic

On 6/12/2024 at 6:47 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

The healing will begin once Bob Igor and Kathleen Kennedy are both no longer with the company.

Honest question.  What did you think of the witches chant?  There is no way you couldnt think that was utter cringe and embarrassing. 

"The power of one"

""The power of two"

"The power of mannnnnnny"

OMG just rewatching clips of that is nails on a chalkboard.

I feel like this show is Deep Space Nine meets Hocus Pocus, but with a budget that cost more than House of Dragon and the Kenobi series.

I am also sad to see Leslye Headland and I share the same birth year of 1980.   Oh I also jsut learned also see she used to be the personal asst of Harvey Weinstein, how nice. :preach:

Just watched ep 3 and it went from meh to :p.  Not sure if I'll continue watching, maybe if baby Yoda shows up, maybe...

If you would’ve told 6 year old me in my Star Wars pjs with my Star Wars coloring book playing with my Star Wars figures that one day I’d not only not care about Star Wars anymore but I’d actively wish it would go away because they are so intent on ruining it, not sure I could have imagined that. But here we are. 

On 6/12/2024 at 6:55 PM, I like pie said:

You seriously sound like you're in pain. Why do you continue to watch it? Masochist?

I've been wondering the same thing about why you continue to reply to him, and I guess I now have a possible answer.  :blush:

I'm generally enjoying the series so far.  The first episode was the best--awesome pacing, fast-paced action, and lots of surprises.  I hadn't realized how slow-paced most of the Disney Plus Star Wars shows have been until I saw the quick cuts in this series.  I like how the High Republic Jedi have FAR more control over the Force than any other Jedi we've seen until now.  Makes sense that controlling the Force would be far more advanced during an era when far more Jedi and Sith are around.  Episodes 2 and 3 were less compelling, but I haven't lost interest yet.

Two questions--are the "coven" witches related to the Dathomirian Nightsisters?  Also how are we seeing a female Dathomirian with horns on the right in the pic below?  I thought the females didn't have horns.

Acolyte-Brendock-Witches.jpg

Edited by fantastic_four

On 6/14/2024 at 8:55 AM, fantastic_four said:

I've been wondering the same thing about why you continue to reply to him, and I guess I now have a possible answer.  :blush:

I'm generally enjoying the series so far.  The first episode was the best--awesome pacing, fast-paced action, and lots of surprises.  I hadn't realized how slow-paced most of the Disney Plus Star Wars shows have been until I saw the quick cuts in this series.  I like how the High Republic Jedi have FAR more control over the Force than any other Jedi we've seen until now.  Makes sense that controlling the Force would be far more advanced during an era when far more Jedi and Sith are around.  Episodes 2 and 3 were less compelling, but I haven't lost interest yet.

Two questions--are the "coven" witches related to the Dathromirian Nightsisters?  Also how are we seeing a female Dathromirian with horns on the right in the pic below?  I thought the females didn't have horns.

Maybe she was horny? (shrug)

On 6/14/2024 at 7:55 AM, fantastic_four said:

Two questions--are the "coven" witches related to the Dathromirian Nightsisters?  Also how are we seeing a female Dathromirian with horns on the right in the pic below?  I thought the females didn't have horns.

Curiosity I suppose but I see your point.

From one of the games, there was Darth Hexid, a female Zabrak, which is different than a female Dathomirian(subspecies), as far as I understand.

Not sure on the coven relations but so far they seem similar. Curious if I can find anything more on that..

Darth_Hexid.webp

Edited by I like pie

On 6/14/2024 at 9:15 AM, I like pie said:

From one of the games, there was Darth Hexid, a female Zabrak, which is different than a female Dathomirian(subspecies), as far as I understand.

Ah, I forgot Dathomirians weren't native to that planet.  The wiki page on the species says they settled on several planets, but the females who settled on Dathomir don't have horns.  I guess they evolved out of them or perhaps cross-bred with other human species to lose them, not sure.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Zabrak

So the horned girl is a Zabrak not from Dathomir.

On 6/14/2024 at 8:08 AM, Cman429 said:

If you would’ve told 6 year old me in my Star Wars pjs with my Star Wars coloring book playing with my Star Wars figures that one day I’d not only not care about Star Wars anymore but I’d actively wish it would go away because they are so intent on ruining it, not sure I could have imagined that. But here we are. 

Was it this show that did it? I can see why people don't like it, but I hate to break it to a lot of people that there is a whole generation of people that don't view Luke Skywalker as a main character anymore, and this was well before Disney took over. The universe has expanded so much that different shows, comics, and books focus on different eras and characters, which I like. I can pick what I want to watch or read and ignore other parts if I want. 

On 6/14/2024 at 5:55 AM, fantastic_four said:

Two questions--are the "coven" witches related to the Dathomirian Nightsisters?  Also how are we seeing a female Dathomirian with horns on the right in the pic below?  I thought the females didn't have horns.

I was expecting far worse, in fact the whole family was all ready to start laughing especially my sons. Yet it was just so-so. No one laughed or got really angry while watching.
I think a lot of the overreacting is fueled by the hate for profit You Tubers out there and of course the writer in what she says off-camera and the strong LGBTQ agenda.
The actors making ridiculous Star Wars trivia mistakes do not help either.

Now I certainly have MANY issues, like why did the Jedi kill himself. I thought that may have been the dumbest thing aside from the horrible make-up.
On the positive, I thought the Wookiee Jedi was very cool looking and Lee Jung-jae is great.

This Witches definitely seems be related to the Nightsisters of Dathomir. I suspect a lot of Star Wars viewers no idea who they are.

Spoiler

The biggest problem people have with part 3 is the Nightsisters creating life.

Edited by Rip

On 6/14/2024 at 12:51 PM, Rip said:

Now I certainly have MANY issues, like why did the Jedi kill himself. I thought that may have been the dumbest thing aside from the horrible make-up.

For him to take the Barash Vow, something very heavy must have happened that night that messed with his connection to the Force or that he wanted to atone, but it must have been real messed up that he'd want to kill himself. Hopefully, we learn more that makes that make sense. I get the Barash Vow...but suicide. I dunno.

Barash Vow

The Barash Vow was an oath taken by Jedi who completely refrained from all activities related to the Jedi Order as a form of penitence, disengaging from anything but the Force itself and committing themselves to gain ultimate communion with it. Jedi Master Barash Silvain originated the practice, and the vow was named after her. Although most Jedi who swore the vow did so as a method of atonement, some did it in order to re-focus themselves on the Force.

It's named after a Jedi from phase II of the High Republic books and comics, and there are a handful of examples of it in canon. Another Jedi later in the High Republic era, but before this show took one, and there was another who took the vow years prior to Order 66 and was later found by Vader. 

On 6/14/2024 at 4:51 AM, I like pie said:

8tugdp.gif

Super Cringe cop out assumption and that has nothing to with the boardies here.  No one here has said anything about the show in those terms.  All I care about is the story and acting.  Most agree so far it's below even sup par.

:news: Being "open minded Hollywood" doesn't get you a free pass to create garbage content and not being open to fair criticism.   You have the right to enjoy the show and I have the right to say this should cost people their jobs.   Generally speaking most people dislike this show, which means Disney failed.  Yes, I fully expect by the end of this season Disney will consider it an absolute failure.

No show starts with a general censuses of being this bad can ever recover.

BTW here you go another new low.

Screenshot2024-06-14at1_40_12PM.thumb.png.9a0dfed5d856a6cae333437b734401ba.png

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 6/14/2024 at 9:51 AM, Rip said:

I was expecting far worse, in fact the whole family was all ready to start laughing especially my sons. Yet it was just so-so. No one laughed or got really angry while watching.
I think a lot of the overreacting is fueled by the hate for profit You Tubers out there and of course the writer in what she says off-camera and the strong LGBTQ agenda.
The actors making ridiculous Star Wars trivia mistakes do not help either.

On the positive, I thought the Wookiee Jedi was very cool looking and Lee Jung-jae is great.

This Witches definitely seems be related to the Nightsisters of Dathomir. I suspect a lot of Star Wars viewers no idea who they are.

Hide contents

The biggest problem people have with part 3 is the Nightsisters creating life.

I agree I do like the Wookiee Jedi.  I hear everyone liking Lee Jung-jae, I admit I am in the minority here because I feel I seen that kind of character and acting so many times, and good grief how many times can he say Osha per episode.  His acting is the best in the series I agree, and that just goes to show you how bad the others are.  They all speak English and he had to learn English for this role I heard.

I don't think anyone here is angry about it, but the only part I couldnt help but laughing is the "power of" chanting.  That was super hard to watch and take serious. 

Spoiler

I fully expect that Sith Lord to be one of the mothers who is now presumed dead.

On 6/13/2024 at 5:00 PM, Silver Surfer said:

The positive media reviews are so disingenuous and full of fluff in the face of all the horrible reviews by 90% of the fans. It’s pure comedy. 

Most just want their Disney perks to stay the in tact. :preach:

Look I am sure on both sides of the RT scoring there are unfair shilling for + and -, but generally most people are just looking for quality Star Wars story, and to many of all ages it just feels like Disney has dropped the ball mostly the entire time since 2015.

There is no debate here as of right now Star Wars is dying and its Disney's fault.

How in the hell have they not done a VADER movie.  Star Wars 3.5, where you show him hunting down all the Jedi for an entire movie. IDK maybe Disney is not interested in making $1billion + dollars anymore, no they just put it on Disney+ with a lower budget they spend on the Acolyte.