• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: THE ACOLYTE (2023?)
5 5

323 posts in this topic

On 6/25/2024 at 9:18 PM, I like pie said:

Sure but that's a much larger commitment than 4 hours of visual/audio 4k television.

So, are you going to stop watching now?

Ironic that you said this,  quoted me "Mae starts a fire and all the witches end up dead?" but didn't seem to read my entire post 

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 6/25/2024 at 11:21 PM, Ed Hanes said:

Ironic that you said this,  quoted me "Mae starts a fire and all the witches end up dead?" but didn't seem to read my entire post 

I read it just fine. I'm just having trouble with your logic and I didn't want to derail the thread again.

Okay...whatever..maybe next time just let people have their opinions and don't quote them unsolicited. Maybe stick to your own opinion about the content of the show. Maybe, if you are curious about someone's opinion, you engage them with a direct question instead of using their quote in a passive aggressive move...

On 6/25/2024 at 11:44 PM, Ed Hanes said:

Okay...whatever..maybe next time just let people have their opinions and don't quote them unsolicited. Maybe stick to your own opinion about the content of the show. Maybe, if you are curious about someone's opinion, you engage them with a direct question instead of using their quote in a passive aggressive move...

I don't think I will. Your permission is not required.

I quoted you, yes but it was a general statement about your "opinion" which I've seen others on social media complain about. Sad to say, but I wasn't singling you out specifically.

On 6/26/2024 at 12:19 AM, CheeseFrog said:

Awesome episode all around…

I wasn’t sure if they’d be able to top the Jedi Kebab early in the episode, but the final two were very well done. 

Even John Campea who is a very forgiving Disney/Star Wars fan can't hold back his disappointment.

This was for sure the best episode of the series so far, but I agree when they opened their mouths the same bad habits showed up again.

I will give credit to this episode for the light saber fight sequences.  They were really good, but plot and acting is still god awful. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 6/26/2024 at 7:01 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

This was for sure the best episode of the series so far, but I agree when they opened their mouths the same bad habits showed up again

I thought the scenes in which Qimir was the focus, the dialogue was superior to others. Whether that’s due to the actor and his presence or the deficiencies of the other actors or their scripts, I’m not sure. 

Also, Sol’s reaction to hearing the stranger is a Sith…”why risk exposing yourself” or something like that, and the follow up about the stranger accepting his darkness and asking Sol what about his. makes me think Sol is hiding something big. 

This wasn’t some brush off about them being extinct, it was a recognition they are around and he’s concerned about them coming out of the shadows. Wonder if Sol was a Dooku type Jedi that was saw in Tales of the Jedi. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 6/27/2024 at 8:35 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Also, Sol’s reaction to hearing the stranger is a Sith…”why risk exposing yourself” or something like that, and the follow up about the stranger accepting his darkness and asking Sol what about his. makes me think Sol is hiding something big. 

This wasn’t some brush off about them being extinct, it was a recognition they are around and he’s concerned about them coming out of the shadows. Wonder if Sol was a Dooku type Jedi that was saw in Tales of the Jedi. 

Perhaps this group of Jedi killed everyone and then when it comes back to haunt them the other jedi cover it up.   

On 6/26/2024 at 7:01 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Even John Campea who is a very forgiving Disney/Star Wars fan can't hold back his disappointment.

This was for sure the best episode of the series so far, but I agree when they opened their mouths the same bad habits showed up again.

I will give credit to this episode for the light saber fight sequences.  They were really good, but plot and acting is still god awful. 

I'm still waiting for an explanation of how stone can burn (shrug)

On 6/27/2024 at 4:15 PM, s-man said:

I'm still waiting for an explanation of how stone can burn (shrug)

This actually troubles you?

Since the opening crawl in 1977, nothing about Star Wars has had any slight bit of sound physical plausibility.  Just roll with it and enjoy it.   It's Fantasy not Scientific American. 

On 6/27/2024 at 6:29 PM, Buzzetta said:

This actually troubles you?

Since the opening crawl in 1977, nothing about Star Wars has had any slight bit of sound physical plausibility.  Just roll with it and enjoy it.   It's Fantasy not Scientific American. 

Not troubled by it, just was hoping they would chant an explanation

On 6/27/2024 at 10:38 AM, Buzzetta said:

Perhaps this group of Jedi killed everyone and then when it comes back to haunt them the other jedi cover it up.   

That's also my guess.  Sol was just about to kill Qimir, and it seemed like the only reason he didn't was because Osha was standing there urging him not to.

But also he could have just been asking how Sol suppresses the negative emotions every human feels at times that the Sith embrace.

Still bummed we didn't get to see the Wookie fight. Why do they do Wookies dirty in these series? Remember in Book of Boba Fett when Krrsantan just quietly walked off the scene? Dirty