• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Perfect Crime #33 Is this a rare book?

8 posts in this topic

I have a low grade copy of this issue.  The publisher is Cross.  I believe #33 is the last issue in the title.  I see there are no graded copies, and issue 32 has 1 graded copy.  Anyhow, here's the book.  Is this book considered rare or just of no interest to collectors?

perfect crime 33 003.JPG

perfect crime 33 004.JPG

This title was pretty dead for a long time, with the exception of a few "classic" covers. The whole run has picked up some value recently, as have many crime titles, because the covers in general are cool, and the ranks of its "classic covers" has expanded. There are a few issues with no slabbed copies, and more with just one or two. You will find more for the classic covers, especially #30, which has been considered a classic for decades. 

A low grade copy of #33 wouldn't be worth slabbing. It's possible #33 could have some last issue scarcity relative to other issues, but I've not heard of it touted as such.

Just now, rjpb said:

Probably not, but you never know on ebay. All it takes is one or two people tired of looking for a copy.

Thanks.  Looks like it may make a good freebie!