• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's Just Say You Had $50K
4 4

56 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I had $50,000?  What did I do with it? 

had a massive partayyyy?? 

With $50k, I would buy at least $30k worth of GA/SA key or high grade GGA comics for future investment upon my retirement to sell. And with the remaining $20k to spend at one of the Berkeley comic book shows. I want to have a crazy fun times fulfilling my collection with all the books I need!

:banana:

1 minute ago, Fan Boy said:

With $50k, I would buy at least $30k worth of GA/SA key or high grade GGA comics for future investment upon my retirement to sell. And with the remaining $20k to spend at one of the Berkeley comic book shows. I want to have a crazy fun times fulfilling my collection with all the books I need!

:banana:

Well done!

7 years into serious collecting and I still haven't spent even half of that amount. Yet still I managed to put together a collection I always dreamed of having AND earning a profit in the process. So my short answer is I wouldn't invest 50k in one or two books as an investment :)

Edited by Aweandlorder

1 minute ago, Aweandlorder said:

7 years into serious collecting and I still haven't spent even half of that amount. Yet still I manage to put together a collection I always dreamed of having as AND earning a profit in the process. So my short answer is I wouldn't invest 50k in one or two books as an investment :)

And the long answer?

:pullhair:

Which books!?

5 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

You can look at the PPP on Cap 1, Bat 1, any of those.  I guarantee you, that relative to the higher graded copies, the lower level(entry level, if you will), command a higher PPP.  That’s because you have 10 bidders who can afford to bid at the lower levels, for every 2 who can afford to bid at the higher levels.

+1

Bang on.  (thumbsu

20 hours ago, Lethal_Collector said:

Which book or books (regardless of age, up to 5 lets say) would you buy that you think will yield the best results 25 years later, and why?

Jerome

Now, you've got the right idea here if you stick to books, as opposed to many who have simply brought the CGC labels only to find out that they more often than not have rapidly diminishing value as time goes on.  hm

When it comes to the books themselves, it's needless to say that you should also try to stick to vintage collectible books which historically tends to gain value over time, as opposed to the latest media hype book which tends to lose value rather quickly and dramatically once the hype or event is over.  (thumbsu

On 5/30/2019 at 4:25 PM, Lethal_Collector said:

Which book or books (regardless of age, up to 5 lets say) would you buy that you think will yield the best results 25 years later, and why?

Jerome

I know it sounds boring but Hulk #181 and AF#15.

The two blue chips.

If any money left over than add ASM#129, ASM #300 and NM #98.

Those 5 keys will not lose money. It don't get safer than them in the collectibles world.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

silver age keys all the way. has worked for me for the last 6 years. all of em have increased steadily. a few bronze keys like H181 and GSX1 have done amazingly too and are good candidates for this list though they may plateau for awhile now that they've popped. then again they may not.