• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value Of An Amazing Spider-Man 9.4...Autographed By Ramos

16 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I was hoping to get some help. I have a CGC graded Amazing Spider-Man #1 (Yellow Variant with mask off) autographed by Humberto Ramos. It's graded at a 9.4. I've tried to find a 9.4 to compare prices, but I can only find a 9.6. How much would a 9.4 CGC graded ASM #1 with signature go for? Ordinarily I wouldn't sell any of my CGC comics, but I would use the money to upgrade to a Lee/Ramos signed 9.8 graded copy of the same comic book.

Thank You in advance.

Generally, CGC 9.4's are not quite as sought after for moderns.

I'd take the average price for an ungraded NM comic, and then add about $20-$30 to that number

15 hours ago, WEB_SLINGER2000 said:

Amazing Spider-Man #1 (Yellow Variant with mask off)

I honestly have no idea which issue this is. The "mask off" #1 that comes to mind is Volume 3, but I don't see anything about a "yellow" variant. It would be easier to give you an idea of the value if you can explain specifically which issue it is. 

for moderns 9.4 is like the kiss of death PLOD LOL . but I would look at that 9.6 price and divide by 2 then maybe sell for 75% of that number as almost no one wants a 9.4 in modern comics from what I've seen. For modern comics its all about the 9.8's CGC SS being the standard almost. As you have also reinforced by not wanting your 9.4 but selling it to put extra cash towards getting a 9.8 of the same copy. Best of luck.  

17 hours ago, WEB_SLINGER2000 said:

Hello all,

I was hoping to get some help. I have a CGC graded Amazing Spider-Man #1 (Yellow Variant with mask off) autographed by Humberto Ramos. It's graded at a 9.4. I've tried to find a 9.4 to compare prices, but I can only find a 9.6. How much would a 9.4 CGC graded ASM #1 with signature go for? Ordinarily I wouldn't sell any of my CGC comics, but I would use the money to upgrade to a Lee/Ramos signed 9.8 graded copy of the same comic book.

Thank You in advance.

I agree with the comments here that, in general, a 9.4 is simply not a worthy grade for a Modern. As others stated, at best maybe half the value of a similar 9.6 .

17 hours ago, WEB_SLINGER2000 said:

Hello all,

Thank You in advance.

There were so many different covers for that book, we'd need to know exactly what the CGC label says (title and variant description) to figure out which one it is.

I'm guessing it's somewhere on this page (just census data, no prices):

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/title/:Amazing:Spider:/issue/1/comicyearstart/2014/comicyearend/2014/label/sig/orderby/alphabetical/

Edited by valiantman

For future reference, if it is a variant of some type, it typically says that on the label provided by CGC.

And yes, $25-$30 seems like a fair estimate (might get a bit more or less at auction)

are you talking about this one as this one is a variant even says so on the cover.

2 hours ago, WEB_SLINGER2000 said:

My apologies for calling it a "variant." I assumed it was. I know I have seen this in blue with Stan on the front (which I also have...SS) and also an inking with no coloring.

No worries. 😊 That issue had a ton of variants (49 I think), but the issue you posted is the retail cover. 

On 6/7/2019 at 12:04 PM, WEB_SLINGER2000 said:

It was this one. Only it's signed by Ramos, not Stan Lee.

4f08ef4841adfcfebee9ef9ceb691f31.jpg

The last sale of this book with Ramos instead of Lee was $40.

Edited by valiantman