• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who do you love?
7 7

504 posts in this topic

I Nominate 4 CGC Forumites:

In descending order:

4) Buzzetta - Another HONEST Boardie that does not buckle because of the "mob mentality" here...

3) Stormshadow - Another HONEST Boardie that genuinely takes a look at BOTH sides and makes up his own mind - I know - a pattern here but the reasons are NOT many and easily seen by the world - this IS a public Board...

2) FlyingDonut - stood against the ENTIRE Board here to make a stand over some boorish wanna-be who nixed a sale in the Seller's Thread. That was some years ago and his "stand" was so HONEST I don't recall a single Forumite refuting his Stand in any way, an extreme rarity for this place. Even the MODS did not interfere when we all know that they would have LOVED to( did not shut down that Sales Thread)... 

1) RockMyAmadeus - again, defied the ENTIRE Board here with that "mob mentality" by putting someone and his "disciples" in their places and gave his FACTUAL reasons WHY he spoke out and CALLED out everyone involved in the "WAR" that still rages here and gave the most HONEST assessment on WHY this WAR is not over, and WHO the faults are associated with( the TRUE instigators).

Some of the other Boardies' NOMs I understand, but they do NOT know those NOMS like some of us others do, and again, no knowledge of past behavior of people is a dangerous thing. This is my nice way of saying that I DO know most of the NOMS and I must refrain on further comment and that alone spoke my heavy Volume....

I wanted to wait until my eBay auctions were over as not to get that accusatory " oh, he is selling this week so he is here to get attention" like two years ago despite this Board supposedly being about COMIC BOOKS and we are living in a Capitalist world. This is MY way of telling that Noobie( then he was a NOOB) that I don't need him or anyone else to bid my IMSM's up - they sell themselves. 

CAL who has many others here imitating the 3-person schtick as they continue to smear that schtick and my name.... 

27 minutes ago, Calamerica said:

In descending order:

4) Buzzetta - Another HONEST Boardie that does not buckle because of the "mob mentality" here...

3) Stormshadow - Another HONEST Boardie that genuinely takes a look at BOTH sides and makes up his own mind - I know - a pattern here but the reasons are NOT many and easily seen by the world - this IS a public Board...

2) FlyingDonut - stood against the ENTIRE Board here to make a stand over some boorish wanna-be who nixed a sale in the Seller's Thread. That was some years ago and his "stand" was so HONEST I don't recall a single Forumite refuting his Stand in any way, an extreme rarity for this place. Even the MODS did not interfere when we all know that they would have LOVED to( did not shut down that Sales Thread)... 

1) RockMyAmadeus - again, defied the ENTIRE Board here with that "mob mentality" by putting someone and his "disciples" in their places and gave his FACTUAL reasons WHY he spoke out and CALLED out everyone involved in the "WAR" that still rages here and gave the most HONEST assessment on WHY this WAR is not over, and WHO the faults are associated with( the TRUE instigators).

Some of the other Boardies' NOMs I understand, but they do NOT know those NOMS like some of us others do, and again, no knowledge of past behavior of people is a dangerous thing. This is my nice way of saying that I DO know most of the NOMS and I must refrain on further comment and that alone spoke my heavy Volume....

I wanted to wait until my eBay auctions were over as not to get that accusatory " oh, he is selling this week so he is here to get attention" like two years ago despite this Board supposedly being about COMIC BOOKS and we are living in a Capitalist world. This is MY way of telling that Noobie( then he was a NOOB) that I don't need him or anyone else to bid my IMSM's up - they sell themselves. 

CAL who has many others here imitating the 3-person schtick as they continue to smear that schtick and my name.... 

Hollywood who is not smearing your name welcomes you back @Calamerica

6 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

When you read Cal’s Posts, is your internal monologue giving him a robot voice or a whiny nerd voice?

There's also the possibility of a Doctor Doom voice; a character also favouring the third person.

Caltopia, a more benevolent version of Latveria, I might imagine.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, dupont2005 said:

When you read Cal’s Posts, is your internal monologue giving him a robot voice or a whiny nerd voice?

Neither. Annoying Standing-On-The-Corner shrieking about 9/11 being an inside job voice. Alex Jones InfoWars manic ranting voice. Making political commentary on home made You Tube channel in the basement voice. Walking wounded Fox News casualty voice.

Edited by NoMan

5 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Neither. Annoying Standing-On-The-Corner shrieking about 9/11 being an inside job voice. Alex Jones InfoWars manic ranting voice. Making political commentary on home made You Tube channel in the basement voice.

That third one sounds like a good idea.

People actually listen too home made political commentary on you tube?

Today I got so bored I tried to look up stories on you tube about guys I did time with. No such luck unfortunately, but maybe I'll look up some political rantings.

There is nothing more annoying than someone engaging in political diatribe about something that has no social impact whatsoever.

Edited by Hollywood1892
Incomplete

15 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

There's also the possibility of a Doctor Doom voice; a character also favouring the third person.

Caltopia, a more benevolent version of Latveria, I might imagine.

If doctor doom had a stutter

58 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

That third one sounds like a good idea.

People actually listen too home made political commentary on you tube?

Today I got so bored I tried to look up stories on you tube about guys I did time with. No such luck unfortunately, but maybe I'll look up some political rantings.

There is nothing moreannoying than someone engaging in political diatribe about something that has no social impact whatsoever.

In theory it seems that giving everyone a distribution channel is a good idea. In actuality it is not. 

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

Cal called me about 8 1/2 years ago, after our house burned.  He has a normal voice.  He also sent me a CGC  7.0 copy of IMSM #1  :smile:

That's cool. Maybe he's just a behind the keyboard insane guy. I understand someone doing that to protect themselves. Kind of. 

Edited by NoMan

3 minutes ago, NoMan said:

In theory it seems that giving everyone a distribution channel is a good idea. In actuality it is not. 

Absolutely not.

There needs to be parameters for this stuff.

Some of the comic stuff is okay.

There is one guy who makes a big effort on telling you what keys to buy. I gave him a like because he provoked a deep sadness within me for him.

58 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Absolutely not.

Absolutely yes. Or maybe you're agreeing with me. I dunno.

People should learn film/tv production other than just hitting a button on their phone and it being on You Tube.

Edited by NoMan

8 minutes ago, NoMan said:

That's cool. Maybe he's just a behind the keyboard insane guy. I understand someone doing that to protect themselves. Kind of. 

Don’t forget he attacked a child for trying to buy a comic book he wanted at a convention a while ago

3 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Absolutely yes. Or maybe you're agreeing with me. I dunno.

People should learn film/tv production other than just hitting a button on their phone and it being on You Tube.

I'm agreeing with you.

Should people be allowed a you tube channel at random=Absolutely Not!

But than again people shouldnt be allowed easy accessibility to small arms either,but look how the world turned out.

58 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

Don’t forget he attacked a child for trying to buy a comic book he wanted at a convention a while ago

Well, I saw you posted that. I saw his response. I wasn't there so I don't know. But his response had the tone of a person who is always involved in a lawsuit with someone. You ever met someone that is always suing someone? I'm suspicious of people like that.

1 minute ago, NoMan said:

Well, I saw you posted that. I saw his response. I wasn't there so I don't know. But his response had the tone of a person who is always involved in a lawsuit with someone. You ever met someone that is always suing someone? I'm suspicious of people like that.

Do people like that actually get money?

I'm very suspicious of people in trailer parks threatening to call the cops. Actually I guess I'm suspicious of all cop callers 

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Do people like that actually get money?

I don't know. Probably not. It's just someone whoofing. Probably doesn't go anywhere cause people that woof don't have follow-through or money to keep refreashing their Craig's List Lawyers. I bet if I knew CalAmerica's name, knew where he lived, and went to the court house there and looked in the records, he's got lawsuits. One's that he has initiated for some perceived slight or grievance or someone looked at him cross-eyed. Guaranteed. 

That are he collects daggers in his back.

Edited by NoMan

4 hours ago, Calamerica said:

In descending order:

While I appreciate the respect, :banana: now I am never getting Forumite of the Year. lol 

:x

To everyone on the boards!!

Not a person here I dislike, i’d Nominate everyone. :banana:

Great bunch of people, and well appreciated opinions, lots of knowledge to be gained from all!

Good luck everyone, anxious to see the winners......Good Luck! (thumbsu