• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 3
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys your opinions are much appreciated! Overall is very fragile as you can see. I do have a concern that it may have been restapled? Staples seem very clean for a book in this condition. Let me know what you think!

IMG_2526.jpeg

IMG_2534.jpeg

IMG_2527.jpeg

IMG_2528.jpeg

IMG_2529.jpeg

IMG_2530.jpeg

IMG_2531.jpeg

IMG_2532.jpeg

IMG_2533.jpeg

IMG_2535.jpeg

IMG_2536.jpeg

IMG_2535.jpeg

IMG_2536.jpeg

IMG_2537.jpeg

IMG_2538.jpeg

IMG_2539.jpeg

IMG_2540.jpeg

IMG_2541.jpeg

IMG_2542.jpeg

I love old books like this! Lots of character, well read and well loved! (Most all of my books from the 50's and 60's are in this condition) I'd say it's a 1.5 maybe a 1.8. It's main issues are the 2+ inch spine splits at the top and bottom. Interestingly enough books with replaced staples can grade up to 3.0 and even higher depending on what the rest of the book looks like. The top staple looks to be original to me, but yes it appears to be in very good shape. The bottom staple looks like there may have been a botched attempt to replace it. Thanks for sharing!  

12 hours ago, flashlites said:

I love old books like this! Lots of character, well read and well loved! (Most all of my books from the 50's and 60's are in this condition) I'd say it's a 1.5 maybe a 1.8. It's main issues are the 2+ inch spine splits at the top and bottom. Interestingly enough books with replaced staples can grade up to 3.0 and even higher depending on what the rest of the book looks like. The top staple looks to be original to me, but yes it appears to be in very good shape. The bottom staple looks like there may have been a botched attempt to replace it. Thanks for sharing!  

Thanks! so even if it does have a replaced staple that does not mean it would get a restored grade?

I don't believe an amateur attempt to replace a staple will count as 'restored' it's usually just considered as a defect or damage -- that's my understanding. I was hoping someone more experienced than I would have responded this part of your question by now..so lets wait a bit and see😀