• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,947 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2022 at 8:04 AM, tth2 said:

I still regret not going harder for the MH MM 30 in that auction! :cry:

I doubt it would have mattered.  The winner was focused on that one comic from the sale.

On 12/2/2022 at 12:51 PM, adamstrange said:

I doubt it would have mattered.  The winner was focused on that one comic from the sale.

So, are you really trying to tell us that the Church copy of Mystery Men 30 won't be coming back into the marketplace anytime soon?  :luhv:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

If so, then I imagine this would then be the same case with the Church copy of Mystery Men 10 which is locked away in the private vault of some tall Texan who had his sweet little baby blues set on a HG copy of this book for the longest while:  :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/713090

mys5.253a.jpg

I thought this book had gone for a rather strong price of $22,500 back during the Jon Berk Auction, but I guess this price would now be seen as a steal of a deal in today's marketplace.  (thumbsu

On 12/3/2022 at 1:49 AM, lou_fine said:
On 12/2/2022 at 9:04 PM, tth2 said:

I still regret not going harder for the MH MM 30 in that auction! :cry:

Just checked the Allentown pedigree catalog and you probably should have gone a lot harder for the Church Mystery Men 30.  (thumbsu

I know.  I stupidly blew most of my money on an earlier MH MM issue! :sorry:

On 12/2/2022 at 6:42 PM, tth2 said:
On 12/2/2022 at 9:49 AM, lou_fine said:

Just checked the Allentown pedigree catalog and you probably should have gone a lot harder for the Church Mystery Men 30.  (thumbsu

I know.  I stupidly blew most of my money on an earlier MH MM issue! :sorry:

Well, maybe in the manic euphoria of the live auction, is it possible that your mind just might have gotten confused and you got lost as both of those issues do have the number "3" on them?  lol

On 12/2/2022 at 10:32 PM, batman_fan said:

One strong and one weak result

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 8.30.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 8.30.35 PM.png

Well a .5 incomplete Wonderworld 7 went for 3,120 on HA in March.  By that standard this 1.8 went a little low don't you think? 

On 12/2/2022 at 7:35 PM, lou_fine said:

So, are you really trying to tell us that the Church copy of Mystery Men 30 won't be coming back into the marketplace anytime soon?  :luhv:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

If so, then I imagine this would then be the same case with the Church copy of Mystery Men 10 which is locked away in the private vault of some tall Texan who had his sweet little baby blues set on a HG copy of this book for the longest while:  :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/713090

mys5.253a.jpg

I thought this book had gone for a rather strong price of $22,500 back during the Jon Berk Auction, but I guess this price would now be seen as a steal of a deal in today's marketplace.  (thumbsu

Probably go for double today easily. 

On 12/2/2022 at 8:48 PM, Professor K said:

Well, it is a Friday night and the use of mind expanding hallucinogenic drugs is a lot more common on weekend nights like this.  lol

Then again, it is THE Church copy of Mystery Men 10 and the single highest graded copy at that, so I imagine anything's a possibility in this still crazed GA marketplace.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

On 12/3/2022 at 12:06 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, it is a Friday night and the use of mind expanding hallucinogenic drugs is a lot more common on weekend nights like this.  lol

Then again, it is the Church copy of Mystery Men 10 and the single highest graded copy at that, so I imagine anything's a possibility in this still crazed GA marketplace.  (thumbsu

I assure you sir it's not the drugs talking. C'mon, that would go for at least 40K now. Don't you think? Some schmo paid over 4k for a 3.0 with tape on the spine last night.  And I think it was made clear last night that a lot of the Fox books with especially neat covers sell for much more. 

On 12/1/2022 at 7:26 PM, Point Five said:

Interesting though, some Fox books did underperform, even some pretty cool and uncommon ones. Just too much great stuff at once I guess.

What are a few prime examples of the books that underperformed in this Fox Auction from your point of view?  hm

On 12/2/2022 at 7:35 PM, lou_fine said:

I can't speak to that as it's not my book.

On 12/3/2022 at 2:28 AM, lou_fine said:

Yes, but don't you just wish that it were your book?  :cloud9:  :takeit:

If we are talking silly hypotheticals, I'd be happy to own all of Jon's Fox Church copies.

On 12/2/2022 at 2:02 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, all I can say is that the lucky winners of the by far single highest graded CGC 9.4 Church copies of both Fantastic 22 and Mystery Men 30 must be absolutely ecstatic with their copies considering they had paid only $26,609 and $15K respectively for their copies back in 2017 during the big Jon Berk Auction.  :banana:  :whee:

I was wondering how many posts you could go without mentioning the Jon Berk auction! LOL

:baiting:

On 12/2/2022 at 6:35 PM, lou_fine said:

some tall Texan who had his sweet little baby blues set on a HG copy of this book for the longest while:  :luhv:

browns

On 12/2/2022 at 11:39 PM, Professor K said:
On 12/2/2022 at 11:06 PM, lou_fine said:

Then again, it is the Church copy of Mystery Men 10 and the single highest graded copy at that, so I imagine anything's a possibility in this still crazed GA marketplace.  (thumbsu

I assure you sir it's not the drugs talking. C'mon, that would go for at least 40K now. Don't you think? Some schmo paid over 4k for a 3.0 with tape on the spine last night.  And I think it was made clear last night that a lot of the Fox books with especially neat covers sell for much more. 

It would take way more than $40K.

:gossip: I was ready to spend $40K in the original auction.

Edited by MrBedrock

On 12/2/2022 at 9:06 PM, lou_fine said:
On 12/2/2022 at 8:48 PM, Professor K said:

On 12/3/2022 at 11:44 AM, MrBedrock said:

Are you and the Prof sharing the same mind expanding hallucinogenic drugs this weekend, or have you still not come back down to the real world yet from celebrating your Housrton Astros win in the World's Series?  lol

Seriously though, good to know and certainly bodes well for the GA marketplace based upon some of the strong prices that we are continuing to see.  (thumbsu

On 12/3/2022 at 2:43 PM, lou_fine said:

Are you and the Prof sharing the same mind expanding hallucinogenic drugs this weekend, or have you still not come back down to the real world yet from celebrating your Houston Astros win in the World's Series

this

On 12/3/2022 at 12:51 PM, MrBedrock said:
On 12/3/2022 at 12:43 PM, lou_fine said:

Are you and the Prof sharing the same mind expanding hallucinogenic drugs this weekend, or have you still not come back down to the real world yet from celebrating your Houston Astros win in the World's Series

this

Hope you have your parachute on just in case you come crashing back down to Earth if they find some hidden cameras in the ball field. :baiting:

On 12/3/2022 at 2:44 PM, MrBedrock said:

Honestly I was being conservative with that assessment in the hope of persuading lou_fine here. Didn't want him thinking I was on mind expanding hallucinogenic drugs 

Edited by Professor K