• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,947 posts in this topic

On 11/25/2022 at 7:24 PM, szav said:

This mini DC/Spectre signature auction is off to a roaring start for a few of the books including this one up over 150k fairly early on.  Some pretty sweet books and OA in this auction.

image.thumb.png.194ae88d5d71a8e216f8bc481f8d763b.png

On 11/26/2022 at 6:53 AM, D84 said:
On 11/25/2022 at 7:42 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

High grade copies with nice pages don't come along every day. I won't even venture a guess where it will end up.

My guess is 500k+

Well, how about this nice CGC 8.0 graded copy of Cap 3 then, since we've seen some mid-grades and restored copies, but nothing as high as this lately:  :luhv:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/captain-america-comics-3-timely-1941-cgc-vf-80-off-white-pages/a/7343-92056.s

lf?set=path%5B2%2F7%2F1%2F2%2F8%2F27128422%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Any chance that this copy here might crack 6-figures considering that CC managed to fetched $80K for a CGC 7.5 graded CR/OW copy back in 2018 well before the pandemic and crypto craze hit the marketplace?  :popcorn:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

On 12/3/2022 at 4:30 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, how about this nice CGC 8.0 graded copy of Cap 3 then, since we've seen some mid-grades and restored copies, but nothing as high as this lately:  :luhv:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/captain-america-comics-3-timely-1941-cgc-vf-80-off-white-pages/a/7343-92056.s

lf?set=path%5B2%2F7%2F1%2F2%2F8%2F27128422%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Any chance that this copy here might crack 6-figures considering that CC managed to fetched $80K for a CGC 7.5 graded CR/OW copy back in 2018 well before the pandemic and crypto craze hit the marketplace?  :popcorn:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

7.5 sold on Instagram for 140k+ recently

On 12/3/2022 at 1:35 PM, Funnybooks said:

So, are you trying to tell me that my current high bid is not going to hold and can we really believe anything that shows up on Instagram?  hm

Especially considering that Heritage was able to fetched only $52,800 for their CGC 7.0 graded Eldon pedigree copy back in July of 2020.  (shrug)

On 12/3/2022 at 4:59 PM, lou_fine said:

So, are you trying to tell me that my current high bid is not going to hold and can we really believe anything that shows up on Instagram?  hm

Especially considering that Heritage was able to fetched only $52,800 for their CGC 7.0 graded Eldon pedigree copy back in July of 2020.  (shrug)

:wavingwhiteflag:

On 12/3/2022 at 1:35 PM, Funnybooks said:

Actually, absolutely zero idea how Instagram works and never been on there to date so far.  :facepalm: 

So, would you happen to have a link or whatever to this actual sale here?  (thumbsu

On 12/3/2022 at 5:25 PM, lou_fine said:

Actually, absolutely zero idea how Instagram works and never been on there to date so far.  :facepalm: 

So, would you happen to have a link or whatever to this actual sale here?  (thumbsu

It was on a live sale..seller and buyer are legit. The number shocked me as well so it will be interesting to see where this copy lands. good luck

On 12/3/2022 at 4:35 PM, Funnybooks said:

On 12/3/2022 at 5:30 PM, Funnybooks said:

It was on a live sale..seller and buyer are legit. The number shocked me as well so it will be interesting to see where this copy lands. good luck

You're more trusting than I am, guess. I suppose I'm jaded because of all the shenanigans I've seen over the years.

On 12/3/2022 at 3:10 PM, Professor K said:

If that Cap 3 8.0 doesn't reach 100k I'll eat my hat. And it's one of these hat's, so yeah. 

1576afd9866da90685a13fe5e2752ff4.jpg

That hat's only fit for old Hossie there.............................how about one of these slightly larger size hats instead to whet your little appetite:  :drool:   lol

Big Hat Pictures | Download Free Images on Unsplash

Edited by lou_fine

On 12/9/2022 at 9:50 AM, lou_fine said:

Took a look at this weekend's Signature Auction that's closing tomorrow and all I can say is that Captain America is sure having a whole lot More Fun in this particular auction here. :luhv:  :cloud9:  

yes.  Someone with a solid Timely collection is heading for the exits. And you're right:  that More Fun 56 is a classic. Those are flames that guy is shooting from his fingers, and I'm not sure Dr. Fate is up to the challenge.

I'm sure it'll get more action at the end, but right now its in the doldrums

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 12/9/2022 at 5:22 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

yes.  Someone with a solid Timely collection is heading for the exits. And you're right:  that More Fun 56 is a classic. Those are flames that guy is shooting from his fingers, and I'm not sure Dr. Fate is up to the challenge.

I'm sure it'll get more action at the end, but right now its in the doldrums

Not even just the 56, but there are a slew of More Fun books in this line up which is something we don't often see all at once (same goes for Adventure Comics. There are TWO copies of #48 for sale, as well as many other Hourman/Sandman covers from the run). I'm really excited to see what those pull, though feels everything is very low right now (I'm resisting the urge to bid on both of those #48 as they just do not get listed often and are woefully undervalued IMO)

A bit off the topic. Last night I saw that one of my sales on Heritage was cancelled. What was the likely reason? The buyer gave up? What's their standard procedure in cases like this. To repost the book in a future auction?

On 12/11/2022 at 9:28 PM, Kromak said:

A bit off the topic. Last night I saw that one of my sales on Heritage was cancelled. What was the likely reason? The buyer gave up? What's their standard procedure in cases like this. To repost the book in a future auction?

You need to talk with Heritage.  They will tell you what happened and what the next steps are.