• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,943 posts in this topic

On 12/9/2023 at 11:46 AM, MrBedrock said:

And neither do most of the folks who are commenting about him. Is he the nicest guy? - no. Is he a total a-hole? - no. For the purposes of these boards he is the guy with the nicest collection of silver age Marvels in the world. Period. End of story. His personal life shouldn't be part of the conversation here unless he wants it to be.

Hey there mister........B. Do you know if he still adds to it or upgrades or is the collection pretty much exactly where it needs to be? In other words is he still collecting? I'd love to see that collection.  

On 12/9/2023 at 10:58 AM, Professor K said:

Hey there mister........B. Do you know if he still adds to it or upgrades or is the collection pretty much exactly where it needs to be? In other words is he still collecting? I'd love to see that collection.  

His want-list is very short.

On 12/9/2023 at 11:58 AM, Professor K said:

I last saw him at Terry's show in February and he mentioned books he was targeting in an upcoming Heritage Auction.  I don't know whether he won them.

On 12/21/2023 at 12:20 AM, Silver Surfer said:

The big books are already climbing fast, won’t be anything cheap as far as they are concerned. The Showcase #4 is probably going to surprise a lot of people, what a cool book to own. 

What's the deal with Fairy Tale Parade?  I recall once fighting my way into an estate sale, scrambling directly to the "good stuff" - a pile of old Walt Disney Comics and Stories.  There were so many people grabbing and fighting for stuff I took what I could get - which the seller already priced at a level I decided was too high so dejected I just handed them to a guy that had been in the opening line with me.  Meanwhile, my daughter found her way over to the "junk pile" and wrangled out her picks with included Fairy Tale Parades for like a buck a piece. 

On 12/21/2023 at 9:57 AM, szav said:

Think it breaks 1mil?  It’s the oldest of the silver age mega keys and only 400 blue label vs 2500 blue label AF 15s. 

Wonder how it would do compared to the Mile High Flash Comics 1.

Would be cool to see 4 books break 1 mil in this auction anyway.

It disappointed greatly the first time it sold at auction.  DC does so poorly compared to Marvel, I wouldn't be surprised to see it limp to a weak finish especially considering where the market is currently.  9 months ago, all bets are off.  But now...

We have a pretty good idea of what the consignor paid for these books. Maybe Masterchief can create a Promise style spread sheet showing how they performed.