• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,891 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2024 at 1:51 PM, adamstrange said:

Collection purchased from a single owner, as documented in a ComicTom video.  I would prefer not to link to the video, but since you asked...

Thank you for the explanation. I thought it referred to that smell that you tried to blame on the dog.

On 1/5/2024 at 2:51 PM, adamstrange said:

Collection purchased from a single owner, as documented in a ComicTom video.  I would prefer not to link to the video, but since you asked...

Thanks.  My other question is, what's the deal here exactly.  Its not a pedigree label, but yet has a special "fancy" color label - is this going to be a new trend now?  I guess I recall like Jon Berk Collection had basic type printed on the label.  What is the criteria to be a collection, and I'm not certain how I feel about the label. 

Bidders appear to be keeping their cards close to their chest in this auction as its been unusually quiet going into the final day. Either there will be an 11th hour bidding war or some of these books will flame out in spectacular fashion. 

On 1/10/2024 at 1:57 PM, Silver Surfer said:

Bidders appear to be keeping their cards close to their chest in this auction as its been unusually quiet going into the final day. Either there will be an 11th hour bidding war or some of these books will flame out in spectacular fashion. 

Yep. Past 12 hours things are starting happen. One bump bids like people dipping their toes in the water to check the temperature. Oh there will be bidding wars, let's not doubt that. Gonna be a fun auction for the spectators, just like Kin-Tucky Derby Day. Personally I'm rooting for the Showcase 4 to top 1,000,000.00

On 1/10/2024 at 7:57 PM, Silver Surfer said:

Is there a chance that any of the top books might have been swapped?

On 1/10/2024 at 1:18 PM, Professor K said:

Yep. Past 12 hours things are starting happen. One bump bids like people dipping their toes in the water to check the temperature. Oh there will be bidding wars, let's not doubt that. Gonna be a fun auction for the spectators, just like Kin-Tucky Derby Day. Personally I'm rooting for the Showcase 4 to top 1,000,000.00

It needs to top $1.5mil + to not be a loss.

On 1/10/2024 at 3:23 PM, Mr bla bla said:

On 1/10/2024 at 4:23 PM, Mr bla bla said:

Ok I gave it 9 hours thinking someone will answer this and I'll figure out what the heck it means. So uh yeah, there's that. 

On 1/10/2024 at 10:34 PM, Professor K said:

Ok I gave it 9 hours thinking someone will answer this and I'll figure out what the heck it means. So uh yeah, there's that. 

On 1/11/2024 at 7:22 AM, szav said:

I think he’s referring to the reholder swap scam, see the thread in comics general.  These books weren’t in the possession of the offending party and aren’t on the list.  The scam also wouldn’t have worked with high profile/rare and easy to identify/pedigree books I don’t think.

Most of the books that have been identified by CGC as part of the reholder swap scam are newer books were there are a huge number of high grade books which makes the swapping much easier.  The Showcase #4, however, is extremely rare to find in high grade (especially for a 9.6) and a swap would be very difficult.  With that said, when I take a close look at the scan, the top left corner is not close to perfect and there is spine wear.  Not sure if it is a 9.6 and it may have been over graded. 

On 1/11/2024 at 11:36 AM, Gotham Kid said:

one that surprised me the most was the BB28

image.thumb.png.c6687e0952e9f331b301fc815b58d181.png

Surprised in an underperformed or overperformed way?

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 1/11/2024 at 11:39 AM, batman_fan said:

Did Superman just B-slap the living S out of Batman :whatthe:

S stands for hope, as in Batman 1 will never hope to be in the same vicinity as Superman 1. At least in some grades haha.