• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,075 posts in this topic

On 6/1/2024 at 6:57 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

What books? Just curious.

I guess the way to get deals is to put in low-ball bids on a bunch of books and hope that other bidders don't show up on one or two of them. The chances of getting a deal aren't great if you target a particular book. I just paid $4,850 plus tax and shipping for this one—3.7 times guide. I wanted a Novick cover in 8.0 or above for my artist type set, so I can live with the price. I'm sure the consignor was happy. I don't think the book would have gone for much more on Heritage, and the commission would have been bigger.

3005241900131.jpg

ETA: I guess this comic predicted the future. The woman is about to become an unwilling cornea donor for the benefit of a rich old man, and there have been many reports worldwide of poor people and political prisoners in developing countries being killed in order to supply organ transplants for rich people.

https://brighterworld.mcmaster.ca/articles/analysis-killing-prisoners-for-transplants-forced-organ-harvesting-in-china/

Wow that looks like at least a 9.0. The spine alone looks well over 9.0. That cover. Why would a rich guy have a sign like that on him? But he does look nicely dressed so maybe.  Nice over the top cover.  My books were the National 7 and the Ghostly Weird Stories 122. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 11:22 AM, Professor K said:

Wow that looks like at least a 9.0. The spine alone looks well over 9.0. That cover. Why would a rich guy have a sign like that on him? But he does look nicely dressed so maybe.  Nice over the top cover.  My books were the National 7 and the Ghostly Weird Stories 122. 

Those creases in the lower right corner are what keep it to an 8.0.

Maybe he isn't rich; maybe he's a guinea pig so they can perfect the technique before using it on the rich guys. :)

Did you consign your books early or late? Books that get consigned late sometimes go very cheap on C-Link because buyers either don't see them or have targeted other books.

Edited by jimbo_7071

On 6/1/2024 at 3:57 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

What books? Just curious.

I guess the way to get deals is to put in low-ball bids on a bunch of books and hope that other bidders don't show up on one or two of them. The chances of getting a deal aren't great if you target a particular book. I just paid $4,850 plus tax and shipping for this one—3.7 times guide. I wanted a Novick cover in 8.0 or above for my artist type set, so I can live with the price. I'm sure the consignor was happy. I don't think the book would have gone for much more on Heritage, and the commission would have been bigger.

3005241900131.jpg

ETA: I guess this comic predicted the future. The woman is about to become an unwilling cornea donor for the benefit of a rich old man, and there have been many reports worldwide of poor people and political prisoners in developing countries being killed in order to supply organ transplants for rich people.

https://brighterworld.mcmaster.ca/articles/analysis-killing-prisoners-for-transplants-forced-organ-harvesting-in-china/

The blind man's wearing a "help the blind" placard which implies that he's been begging for money.  So did he get so much in donations that he was able to hire criminal doctors to kidnap and dismember that pretty brunette?  And, if so, did his donors know that's what the money was going for?

On 6/2/2024 at 2:29 PM, BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES said:

The blind man's wearing a "help the blind" placard which implies that he's been begging for money.  So did he get so much in donations that he was able to hire criminal doctors to kidnap and dismember that pretty brunette?  And, if so, did his donors know that's what the money was going for?

He may have been a guinea pig. See my post above.

As we round third base and head for home, it feels like some books exploded early(Cinderella Love)and some have yet to detonate(Eerie). With 2 days to go, how much gas is left in the tank is anyone’s guess. It seems every major auction is a referendum on both the individual books as well as the market as a whole, and I can’t wait 

IMG_4666.png

IMG_4665.png

On 6/19/2024 at 6:01 PM, The-Collector said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion of these two. 

Screen Shot 2024-06-19 at 7.59.14 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-06-19 at 8.00.33 pm.png

I'd like to say it's because they're OA, not comics, and there's lots of discussion of them in the OA forum, but the reality is that there has been almost no discussion of the Heritage auction in general over there, and zero discussion of these pieces since they first appeared in the auction previews.  

Edited by tth2

On 6/19/2024 at 4:25 PM, tth2 said:

I'd like to say it's because they're OA, not comics, and there's lots of discussion of them in the OA forum, but the reality is that there has been almost no discussion of the Heritage auction in general over there, and zero discussion of these pieces since they first appeared in the auction previews.  

Great news!

On 6/20/2024 at 7:25 AM, tth2 said:

Interesting. I  was surprised because I think BCM50 >>> CoC 19 and that later cover prompted lots of discussion in the GA forum. Any thoughts on whether this will crack the 174k CoC realised? I would have thought so. 

On 6/19/2024 at 7:55 PM, The-Collector said:

Interesting. I  was surprised because I think BCM50 >>> CoC 19 and that later cover prompted lots of discussion in the GA forum. Any thoughts on whether this will crack the 174k CoC realised? I would have thought so. 

You're wondering if this will go up 12% during the live auction? I don't think that's a very suspenseful prediction.