• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Primetime said:
22 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Tec 31 CGC 1.5 sold for $33,600 :facepalm:  Hoping it would be at least $40k..  Great price!

Very weak price point. Not long ago it would have went $50k+. Someone got a bargain. 

Well, like I've said many times here on the boards before.........if it's pre-Robin 'Tec books, CC seems to be the go to auction site for these particular books.  :gossip:

They seem to be the market maker for the pre-Robin 'Tec's and they've sold a few CGC 1.0 graded copies of 'Tec 31 for between $25K to $45 during the past few years.  (thumbsu

Just now, Crowzilla said:

Assume you mean wow, what a bargain since that is $2,400 less than a 9.4 brought two years ago.

must have been the prior underbidder LOL...given the prices that books are going for today....I think its an outstanding price over 5X times guide....

3 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

Assume you mean wow, what a bargain since that is $2,400 less than a 9.4 brought two years ago.

The 9.4 was the Church and sole highest graded at the time.  The arrival of a non-ped just a smidgeon higher doesn't always result in an increase.

4 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

The 9.4 was the Church and sole highest graded at the time.  The arrival of a non-ped just a smidgeon higher doesn't always result in an increase.

Doesn't say Church in the listing, and notes that it is tied with the Church for highest graded at 9.4

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/marvel-tales-95-marvel-1950-cgc-nm-94-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7189-91058.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

So far I haven't really seen a "strong sale"

Haven't had time yet to do any historical price comparisons, but I woild have to say that the GGA related cover books still seems to be holding up there in price.  (thumbsu

1 minute ago, Crowzilla said:

Thank you for the correction.  My original point about the increase in the census being part of the lower result remains. 

9 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Good point but still its a lot of $$$$ in todays market....Look for some "steals" on Sat....there are some good  books in there

Edited by Mmehdy

4 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

That poor 9.8 Church copy of Police #13.

That's the 5th time Heritage has "sold" it in the last 3 years, and it's gone from $8,962 to $5,497 to $4,560 to $4,080 to $3,840 today.

Well, ten times lucky and I hope to pick it up for $1,500 or 50% of current top of guide in a few years from now.  :wishluck:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Isn't this pretty much in the price range that most boardies were estimating the book would sell for.  (shrug)

Looks like a nice and appropriate bump up from the CGC 9.2 graded copy that sold on CC last year for something like $598K.  (thumbsu

Any idea if this is a record price for a CGC 9.4 graded copy or what previous prices have been for 9.4 graded copies?  hm

At auction is a record price. This is the most recent 9.4 sale. As I recall, wasn't long after that 2016 9.4 sale that a 9.2 and then 9.0 sold in the $400K range.

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 1.16.30 PM.png

Edited by LDarkseid1

Given the conditions of the last few weeks, I think the market has held up. We are currently at $5,564,000.00 with one more auction for the day to go. GA collectors the sky is not falling, it remain strong. The rule is not what any current market value is...the value that counts is on the day you sell or trade it. I feel confident after today's results. I think there are going to be some outstanding deals on Sat

1 minute ago, batman_fan said:
25 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

I was very happy with the price on the 44.

Did you snag it?

if I can pay for it then yes.