• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What kind of collector are you?

21 posts in this topic

Just wondering how many people on this board both collect for personal enjoyment, AND for financial gain?

I have enjoyed collecting for personal enjoyment for over 20 years, but in recent years i have also enjoyed the thrill of selling also.

I collect the highest grade comics I can afford for personal enjoyment.

For Bronze Late Silver: VF to NM

For mid 60s Silver: FVF

For early 60s Silver: VGF

For very early 60s Silver (the expensive stuff): Fair to VG

I never sell, and probably never will, as there is nobody for me to sell to... sorry.gif

On the other hand, lots of board members give me extra special deals as they know it's highly unlikely I'll flip them in a heartbeat yay.gif

Chrome,

You must want to upgrade some of your books on occassion? Why wouldn't you sell extra copies of stuff.

Because I'm geographically challenged....Nobody in my part of the world collects comics, and shipping a single comic book to the US is $15.00...

So who the hell would buy mid-grade books, shipped from some tiny, unknown country and pay huge shipping charges confused-smiley-013.gif

some tiny, unknown country confused-smiley-013.gif

It ain't that small. stooges.gif

Yea I've been to Belgium before -

it might be small , but boy is it purty!

grin.gif

Awwww shucks smile.gif

I would have to say... both!

Pleasure and Possible Future Gains...

I have a little over 40 books left til I have a full VF and up ASM run...

Unfortunately, I will have to accept less if I want to complete the run

because I don't own a single copy of the first 20 issues...

and some of those are going to be out of budget for a VF copy.

Oh well. I'm having fun anyways.

cool.gif

Just wondering how many people on this board both collect for personal enjoyment, AND for financial gain?

I have enjoyed collecting for personal enjoyment for over 20 years, but in recent years i have also enjoyed the thrill of selling also.

I have some comics that I have hoarded in hopes of future financial gain, but most of my comics are for personal enjoyment.

My existence in this hobby is purely that of pleasure gained from the side of a reader/collector, what little financial gain, if any, I am rewarded with at the end of the day will just make it that much sweeter.

I'm a reader/collector who will have to buy/own some higher-priced comics one day so I can finish my full runs. Once I'm able to sit down and read through them, I'll continue to donate all the common stuff to C4K and hold on to the pricier issues. I've sold stuff in the past, but most of what I get and read are reader copies, so it's not worth trying to sell the common issues.

I never sell, and probably never will, as there is nobody for me to sell to... sorry.gif

On the other hand, lots of board members give me extra special deals as they know it's highly unlikely I'll flip them in a heartbeat yay.gif

and who might those form members be 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I can keep a secret