• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone else think this is a 4.0?

81 posts in this topic

I do not know what Happened to them back in 2005 I drove up there and talked to Daniel and his grading was right on with mine and he even down graded my Hulk 1. I bought as 2.5 I think and he gave it a 1.5 it could be a 1.5 I never gave it much thought. My Tec 27 Bat 1 Tec 1 and all the books I wanted to sell on ebay was all on point with me and my friends grading back then. I think they really went down hill fast and they can not find resto that well (shrug) I guess since my books are restored I am safe. I don't plan on selling my books but they really went to :makepoint:

Hulk-1.jpg

12 minutes ago, woowoo said:

I do not know what Happened to them back in 2005 I drove up there and talked to Daniel and his grading was right on with mine and he even down graded my Hulk 1. I bought as 2.5 I think and he gave it a 1.5 it could be a 1.5 I never gave it much thought. My Tec 27 Bat 1 Tec 1 and all the books I wanted to sell on ebay was all on point with me and my friends grading back then. I think they really went down hill fast and they can not find resto that well (shrug) I guess since my books are restored I am safe. I don't plan on selling my books but they really went to :makepoint:

Hulk-1.jpg

rock solid 7.5

3 hours ago, batman_fan said:

graded by one of the other guys, I just can't imagine calling this a 4.0

batman17pgx.jpg

DB6FC9FE-EBAC-4C6E-9010-24A57E7C9FC1.jpeg.b0b71c05f6a24903d1e185f77c624aa9.jpeg

As Howard Rogofsky used to say “tape is not a defect”...:devil:

Edited by N e r V

There’s a book I would love to make the seller an offer on but it sits in a PGX holder. I could guesstimate it’s condition from its photos maybe but I just can’t trust the PQ noted or any resto work or pages missing or coupons clipped or whatever with PGX. You are playing Russian roulette every time you try...

FYI, one theory I’ve had based on some of the comments I’ve heard about sellers who use PGX is they have such loose standards so they can give the customer a bigger number for their book and that seller can try and pawn it off on someone less educated in grading. Their 10 point scale simply doesn’t work with grading and the only points I can see in their favor is lower prices and bigger grade numbers on books clearly over-graded. They have always boggled the mind to me how they manage to exist...

Edited by N e r V

15 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Is the Vault still on business ?  Any other non players out there besides PGX ? 

EGC!

Euro Grader Comics

What greater reason does a previously sovereign country need to want to leave Europe :)

egc.thumb.jpg.8b709670a3ece3fd22fd192957d29990.jpg

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:
1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

EGC!

Euro Grader Comics

Eww Gross Capsule !

1 minute ago, Gotham Kid said:
1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:
1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

EGC!

Euro Grader Comics

Eww Gross Capsule !

Everything Goes Cheap