• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 'I HATE AVATAR, BLUE PEOPLE & NA'VI' thread

34 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

As a human bean, I am ashamed that Avatar is #2 all-time.

To be fair, it had the draw of being in 3D and also they ran if for like, what, ten years?  And it appears that it’s no big trick to have a movie that ranges from ‘sucks’ (TLJ) to ‘ok’ (CM) to rake the dollars in. 

On 7/10/2019 at 3:06 PM, ashsaytr said:

took the kids to see Avatar when it came out... when i asked them how they liked it... they loved the 3D... but my daughter went on to tell me it was exactly like Pocahontas!

Image result for Avatar Pocahontas script

All this blue love and rehashing of old arguments is overwhelming.

:insane::nyah:

emotion01.gif.5383a33ebc0eac0c13be79609763a774.gif

But at least we get it out of our systems until 2021 when Avatar 2 lands and it only does $200M worldwide.

Spoiler

First weekend. :whatthe:

13 hours ago, bentbryan said:

To be fair, it had the draw of being in 3D and also they ran if for like, what, ten years?  And it appears that it’s no big trick to have a movie that ranges from ‘sucks’ (TLJ) to ‘ok’ (CM) to rake the dollars in. 

People are talking about it being re-released before Avatar 2 hits theaters to possibly overtake Endgame.

:eyeroll:

On 2/8/2023 at 6:06 PM, Bosco685 said:

:baiting:

@Bosco685 You probably should've tagged my post, being that it's about a creating a Parks "experience" in CA.

On 7/24/2019 at 12:21 AM, Comics4All said:

Avatar FOP the ride sucks almost as much as the movie(it's basically Soarin with tall smurfs!) but the other ride: Navi river journey sucks the most of all!!!!

Anyway, 3.5 years later, Avatar 1 & 2 & the rides at the AK still suck.

But you were right, being how much $ Way of Water made, it seems it is still quite the popular franchise.

In the Disney 100 year anniversary superbowl spot, they even featured Avatar prominently!

On 2/12/2023 at 11:12 PM, Comics4All said:

@Bosco685 You probably should've tagged my post, being that it's about a creating a Parks "experience" in CA.

Anyway, 3.5 years later, Avatar 1 & 2 & the rides at the AK still suck.

But you were right, being how much $ Way of Water made, it seems it is still quite the popular franchise.

In the Disney 100 year anniversary superbowl spot, they even featured Avatar prominently!

There ya go. The silver lining when trashing blue.

:applause: