• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so... GCCBCO = DODOFIVE = DON HAGEN ?

19 posts in this topic

Well, 8 months has passed since my last post.

I see that nothing has changed here, and that's great.

I have stopped collecting comics for a moment:

fewer and fewer time (and money also, my wife does not work any more to stay at home with our second child).

But the most important fact is that i was disgusted by sellers on Ebay, especially

the one named "dodofive". Browsing through the board history, i learned that he was also known as "gccbco" , the same guy who never sent me the comics i won on ebay (in 2002, please check this thread.)

The same thing happened to me with "dodofive", his other id on Ebay.

i cannot believe i was swindled twice !

i have lost $130 with this guy, and each time, it was too late for the negative feedback.

That's the main reason why, 8 months laters, i still not have bought one comic on Ebay. Now that i'm (almost) back on this board, i think that in the future, I will buy my comics from forum's members.

Ok, that was my "i'm back and i'm not happy" post of the day tongue.gif

Special greetings to redhook, blutobc, chromium, arty, rob_react, damn60, nikos61, nochips, goldust40, greggy, darthdiesel, peter_parker59, paris_fred, etc... grin.gif

To finished and feel better, here are two nice books from my collection:

dd0007.jpgdd0043.jpg

Welcome back, Osborn!

Although it's a shame that you had a bad experience with an ebay seller (or two) it was probably wise to kick back and take stock.

In the meantime post some more of your collection - it may get your comics jones back on track.......

Welcome Back!!!

Your absence was sadly noticed. Glad to have you back...even on a limited basis. Love that DD#43 cover...even praised it in a recent tread.

Let's see. what have you missed?

*A couple of guys left...then came back.

*A few newbies survived their hazing and are still around.

*Shills are still lurking.

*Another great nikos grading contest

*A bunch of shady sellers were discussed...including the gccbco/dodofive connection(whom I did have one successful transaction with).

*Go check out the GA forum. Some new guys with collections worth "kissing your hairy lipped cousin for" have posted some sweet books that are just unbelievable.

*Original art forum started.

*A few unhappy campers are still unhappy, which makes them quite happy.

*And finally, more fun, info, pictures, knowledge, and all-around comic geekness.

Welcome back, Osborn! Sorry about gccbco/dodo and your lost funds... glad to see you are still into swet DDs! That # 7 is cloud9.gif - one of the books I used to hoard - mostly in VG to Fn+ condition, but I have never really laid it all out for a slabbed high grade copy of DD 7 893scratchchin-thumb.gif - I did get a decent one from ubiquiti back in the day

Great to see you back OF! BTW, your website was one of the ones that inspired me to start working on the GR site. It was nicely constructed and fun to look at! Welcome back!

Red

whats this about dodofive? my dad buys comics of him regularly.

Spotty grading & shipping profiteer. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But that's a completely different thing from never delivers the books at all.