• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How good of a deal is too good of a deal?
1 1

373 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Check the center carefully-I bet there's dough in there-if there isnt I would love to see pics of that.

My kids don't care. Any pizza is good pizza for them except NYC Department of Education pizza, which is inedible. I don't mind a soft crust, it doesn't mess with my dentures.

1 minute ago, the blob said:

My kids don't care. Any pizza is good pizza for them except NYC Department of Education pizza, which is inedible. I don't mind a soft crust, it doesn't mess with my dentures.

True-I didnt really care either till I noticed it.  It doesnt really jump out at you.

Just now, the blob said:

The Popeyes in East Flatbush might have bazooka proof windows

Get yo eye popped at PopEyes-

6 minutes ago, the blob said:

Technically I don't think that is Flatbush (even if Flatbush avenue runs through it). That's probably either Crown Heights or Prospect Lefferts. I live in Flatbush, which is further south (unless you mean below the park and pretty far away from grand army, which is indeed Flatbush)

My address was 522 Flatbush Avenue. There was a Phat Albert's right across the street!

Note - I only said I lived on Flatbush Ave. But yes, the area was called Prospect-Lefferts Gardens.

:)

-slym

Edited by slym2none
Had to add a word that got chopped.

Round table is always good but pricey-unless you ask for the online special price when you call to order.  My RT the manager knows me now and gives me deal price even if its not on current special deal list.  BBQ chicken well done is my favorite.

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

We took this one totally off the rails! Success!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED BY MODERATOR

2 hours ago, slym2none said:

What's your take on Lou Malnati's?

I can't say I have been to the restaurant, but people: if you want Chicago deep-dish, don't think you can mail-order it and it be the same thing. I tried the Malnati's mail-order pizza for my b-day years ago, and it was the same quality as a frozen DiGiorno's, just 10x as expensive.

-slym

Absolute thumbs up to Lou’s.

6 minutes ago, mattn792 said:
2 hours ago, slym2none said:

What's your take on Lou Malnati's?

I can't say I have been to the restaurant, but people: if you want Chicago deep-dish, don't think you can mail-order it and it be the same thing. I tried the Malnati's mail-order pizza for my b-day years ago, and it was the same quality as a frozen DiGiorno's, just 10x as expensive.

-slym

Absolute thumbs up to Lou’s.

I don't think I've had deep dish, other than if it was at a buffet, I'm not sure that is authentic though...

3 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

I’m going to start a thread called “What’s your favorite pizza place” where we can discuss whether it’s immoral to cut too good a deal on a comic.

^^

11 hours ago, thunsicker said:

I’m going to start a thread called “What’s your favorite pizza place” where we can discuss whether it’s immoral to cut too good a deal on a comic.

As long as it's started in the WC, we are all good.

lol

-slym

17 hours ago, kav said:

Check the center carefully-I bet there's dough in there-if there isnt I would love to see pics of that.

What I use to do with our rising crust frozen pizza is I would actually defrost it fully on the counter then bake it to the time and temp between the thawed and frozen settings. Have your tried that? 

14 minutes ago, Krismusic said:
17 hours ago, kav said:

What I use to do with our rising crust frozen pizza is I would actually defrost it fully on the counter then bake it to the time and temp between the thawed and frozen settings. Have your tried that? 

I do remember there being thaw instructions, which were the worst as a kid, I want to eat now! :sumo: PIZZA!!! :headbang: 

3 hours ago, Krismusic said:

DiGiornio website says dont do that-I did some research and apparently bactria can grow if you thaw first.  From website:
While it may be tempting, we do not recommend eating DIGIORNO pizzas that have thawed. DIGIORNO pizzas should be prepared from frozen.