• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How good of a deal is too good of a deal?
1 1

373 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, the blob said:

Neither supermarket had digiorno on sale (no way I am paying $8.99 for that) so they got krappy Elios instead. Fed them for $1 each. More money for comics.

Toffifay is too good for kids!

1 minute ago, the blob said:

I blew the cash on the wife for her pre birthday. Tiger shrimp over a broccoli rabe medley. That set me back about $9 for the ingredients. Sorry dollar box.

Def too good 4 kids.

20 hours ago, kav said:

Def too good 4 kids.

Took my wife and the animals out to dinner. Teenager is debating with me re: why I am not buying him a $30 steak. He gets a fancy burger for $15 and literally eats 1/3 of it before deciding he is full. And he wonders why I'm not buying a $30 steak?

26 minutes ago, the blob said:

Took my wife and the animals out to dinner. Teenager is debating with me re: why I am not buying him a $30 steak. He gets a fancy burger for $15 and literally eats 1/3 of it before deciding he is full. And he wonders why I'm not buying a $30 steak?

Take pic of uneaten burger.  Next time he queries you abt something, show pic.  Say dad knows best.

Me not getting a $30 steak probably helped. Mom and dad shared a mixed grill platter and shared with Thing 1 and Thing 2. Thing 2 was very happy with his $12 kid size skirt steak, which Thing 1 thought would be too small. Thing 2 asked why I don't buy skirt steak. I told him it is 15 dollar box comics a pound, so not happening. This was an Argentinean place. It was terrific.

Edited by the blob

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

Me not getting a $30 steak probably helped. Mom and dad shared a mixed grill platter and shared with Thing 1 and Thing 2. Thing 2 was very happy with his $12 kid size skirt steak, which Thing 1 thought would be too small. Thing 2 asked why I don't buy skirt steak. I told him it is 15 dollar box comics a pound, so not happening. This was an Argentinean place. It was terrific.

Just wait til Thing  1 has to buy own stuff-

3 hours ago, the blob said:

A half eaten steak is fodder for a doggie bag. A half eaten burger, not so much.

5 minutes ago, shadroch said:

A half eaten steak is fodder for a doggie bag. A half eaten burger, not so much.

Thing 1 was thinking of you, Blobby-

On 11/23/2019 at 2:34 PM, kav said:

DiGiornio website says dont do that-I did some research and apparently bactria can grow if you thaw first.  From website:
While it may be tempting, we do not recommend eating DIGIORNO pizzas that have thawed. DIGIORNO pizzas should be prepared from frozen.

Interesting they use to have thaw instructions for our Mc Cain pizza 

15 minutes ago, kav said:

Thing 1 was thinking of you, Blobby-

Thing 1 ate the burger when he woke up at noon. I'd rather have the leftover after spending $15 than $30. I bought a super thick porterhouse from the grocery store for $12. I don't need to spend $30 on a 12 oz skirt steak. Anyway, I'm good, making short ribs tonight. Got a few marked "managers special" expiring Tuesday for 1/3 off. Back on keto. Was in cheat mode for a month and felt like krraep.

Just now, the blob said:

Thing 1 ate the burger when he woke up at noon. I'd rather have the leftover after spending $15 than $30. I bought a super thick porterhouse from the grocery store for $12. I don't need to spend $30 on a 12 oz skirt steak. Anyway, I'm good, making short ribs tonight. Got a few marked "managers special" expiring Tuesday for 1/3 off. Back on keto. Was in cheat mode for a month and felt like krraep.

Over here steaks are more expensive in the supermarket, than in a restaurant.  You can spend $20 on a one pound steak easy at supermarket.

Just now, kav said:

Over here steaks are more expensive in the supermarket, than in a restaurant.  You can spend $20 on a one pound steak easy at supermarket.

Thick cut porterhouse was $9.99. Usually $14.99. I bought a very nice one I will feed to my wife. I don't feel right spending that much on myself. 

6 minutes ago, the blob said:

Thick cut porterhouse was $9.99. Usually $14.99. I bought a very nice one I will feed to my wife. I don't feel right spending that much on myself. 

You and the Things can watch her eat it, at least-