• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How good of a deal is too good of a deal?
1 1

373 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, kav said:

I have never ever gotten a DiGiornio or any rising pizza to cook where its not raw in the middle.  I have tried manipulating cooking times/temps, using a pizza stone-nothing works.  Havent bought one of them things in over 3 years.

Then you suck at baking frozen pizza.  Rising is where its at (thumbsu

3 minutes ago, mattn792 said:
25 minutes ago, kav said:

I have never ever gotten a DiGiornio or any rising pizza to cook where its not raw in the middle.  I have tried manipulating cooking times/temps, using a pizza stone-nothing works.  Havent bought one of them things in over 3 years.

lol Growing up my family wanted everything burnt ha. Steak well Done, pizza crispy, I guess that's why I go out for those things now!

9 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

:pullhair:

my buddy said that to me when he made one and said see-good!  I pulled raw dough out of the middle and stretched it out a bit and just looked at him.  It doesnt bother some but any rawness in interior dough is kryptonite to me.

5 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I want deep dishlol

Had some co-workers come to town several years ago who were after the same one night, and were hell bent on getting it downtown no less (the hotel was in the south suburbs).  The exchange went something like:

Ringleader - "Yeah, I heard about this Uno's place we're gonna go to."
Me - "That's a tourist trap.  You'll wait two hours just to get a table.  Go to The Exchequer on Wabash.  Or the Connie's that's across the freakin' street from the hotel."
Ringleader - "Yeah, but Uno's, I think we'll go there."
Me - "Fine, I only live here."

Suffice to say the whole crew came back disappointed in their Uno's experience.

Edited by mattn792

15 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Had some co-workers come to town several years ago who were after the same one night, and were hell bent on getting it downtown no less (the hotel was in the south suburbs).  The exchange went something like:

Me - "That's a tourist trap.  You'll wait two hours just to get a table.  Go to The Exchequer on Wabash.  Or the Connie's that's across the freakin' street from the hotel."

Lol...they should have listened to you

22 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Giordano's.

:cloud9:

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Just like chicken parm but with jumbo shrimp.

I saw it on a tv show Goldberg's once she combined both one time... lol :whatthe:

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

We have Boston Pizza up here, imo its horrible.

PizzaPizza has amazing sauce.

We also have little Caesars and Dominos

They all have something they are good at

PizzaPizza is terrible unless your at a hockey game then they actually put cheese and sauce on it.. at their stores it takes different and awful.. I like Dominos though.

55 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I want deep dishlol

if you want a good deepdish try this place they have a good deepdish.. its outside of Toronto though, but was on the food network TV show "you gotta eat here" which is the Canadian version of "Diners, Drive-in's and dives" with that Guy fierrei chef.. 

https://www.foodnetwork.ca/shows/you-gotta-eat-here/photos/micheys-dragon-pizza/

if you do ever try it get the dragon sauce drizzle and dipping I can't get enough of it.. its there own special blend secret dip sauce..

Edited by Krismusic

26 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

if you want a good deepdish try this place they have a good deepdish.. its outside of Toronto though, but was on the food network TV show "you gotta eat here" which is the Canadian version of "Diners, Drive-in's and dives" with that Guy fierrei chef.. 

https://www.foodnetwork.ca/shows/you-gotta-eat-here/photos/micheys-dragon-pizza/

if you do ever try it get the dragon sauce drizzle and dipping I can't get enough of it.. its there own special blend secret dip sauce..

Definitely 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

What's your take on Lou Malnati's?

I can't say I have been to the restaurant, but people: if you want Chicago deep-dish, don't think you can mail-order it and it be the same thing. I tried the Malnati's mail-order pizza for my b-day years ago, and it was the same quality as a frozen DiGiorno's, just 10x as expensive.

-slym

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

My co-workers are useless. None of them have had it nor know where to try it...

I live in Brooklyn so there is a pizza place ever 527 feet or so.

And a terrible Chinese take out place that used to have bulletproof windows pre-gentrification.

Edited by the blob

5 minutes ago, the blob said:

And a terrible Chinese take out place that used to have bulletproof windows pre-gentrification.

I actually measured it once and its every 523 ft-

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

My digiorno's always come out ok. I only buy them when they're $5.99 or cheaper. I don't like my kids that much.

Check the center carefully-I bet there's dough in there-if there isnt I would love to see pics of that.

9 minutes ago, the blob said:

I used to live on Flatbush, just down from Grand Army Plaza & right behind Prospect Park. We didn't have an abundance of pizza places, but there was a Chinese restaurant every 527 feet if not sooner.

lol

-slym

1 minute ago, slym2none said:

I used to live on Flatbush, just down from Grand Army Plaza & right behind Prospect Park. We didn't have an abundance of pizza places, but there was a Chinese restaurant every 527 feet if not sooner.

lol

-slym

Technically I don't think that is Flatbush (even if Flatbush avenue runs through it). That's probably either Crown Heights or Prospect Lefferts. I live in Flatbush, which is further south (unless you mean below the park and pretty far away from grand army, which is indeed Flatbush)

9 minutes ago, the blob said:

We had a KFC with the bulletproof windows in the hood.  It was the only KFC that had the spicy crispy-delicious.  Some dude came up to me in line and said "can you-I need-GIMME FIVE BUCKS"-he had his finger pointing in jacket pocket like it was a gun.  I laughed and pushed his finger away then it was my turn to order.