• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Values of Comics

12 posts in this topic

I've been watching the prices creep up for keys like Fantastic Four #48, on GoCollect, in the past year or so and wondered why the gap in value for certain grades don't level off proportionally.

Say for example currently the price for a 6.0 & 6.5 are the same at $1,850. while a 7.0 is $2,600 and a 5.5 is $1,400;

I would think the 6.5 should be higher? 

5 minutes ago, Asbestos said:

I've been watching the prices creep up for keys like Fantastic Four #48, on GoCollect, in the past year or so and wondered why the gap in value for certain grades don't level off proportionally.

Say for example currently the price for a 6.0 & 6.5 are the same at $1,850. while a 7.0 is $2,600 and a 5.5 is $1,400;

Because you can't predict what buyers will do and how much or how little they will pay. That's called human nature and sometimes it doesn't make sense. I watch people overpay for stuff on ebay because they prefer to buy from a certain seller, all the while they could have had the same item from another seller in comparable condition for less money. It makes no sense, but then humans often don't make much sense. (shrug)

11 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Does the 6.5 have worse PQ..?

Whats PQ? 

the last two 6.5 sold on ebay for

$2,400 on 06/30

$2,300 on 06/29 

the last two 6.0 sold on ebay for

$1,900 on 06/28

$2,000 on  06/02

oh wait.. looks like 6.5 jumped to FMV of $1,900 just now

could be centering, page quality, other defects that some people like/dislike, luck, timing, shipping fees, taxes, customs.  Also I would say you probably need to get more data points to look at larger trends.

1 hour ago, revat said:

could be centering, page quality, other defects that some people like/dislike, luck, timing, shipping fees, taxes, customs.  Also I would say you probably need to get more data points to look at larger trends.

true.. Gocollect is the best data source I know of.. 

oh well. just thought i get the community's insight

thanks everyone. 

13 minutes ago, Asbestos said:

true.. Gocollect is the best data source I know of.. 

oh well. just thought i get the community's insight

thanks everyone. 

other sources of knowledge may include GPA analysis, EBay completed sales, or just going to auction house websites and browsing their sales histories.  Also, even if you're only interested in specific grade ranges you could look at a wider range of grades and their respective prices to look for even larger trends.  Or examine sales history of other keys or comics from that title in that era. 

33 minutes ago, revat said:

other sources of knowledge may include GPA analysis, EBay completed sales, or just going to auction house websites and browsing their sales histories.  Also, even if you're only interested in specific grade ranges you could look at a wider range of grades and their respective prices to look for even larger trends.  Or examine sales history of other keys or comics from that title in that era. 

thanks for the source. 

think go gets its data from ebay and HA but didnt know about GPA. 

19 hours ago, revat said:

20 hours ago, Jeffro™ said:

Because you can't predict what buyers will do and how much or how little they will pay. That's called human nature and sometimes it doesn't make sense. I watch people overpay for stuff on ebay because they prefer to buy from a certain seller, all the while they could have had the same item from another seller in comparable condition for less money. It makes no sense, but then humans often don't make much sense. (shrug)

was just about to say that exact same thing I think for E bay sometimes people will pay a few extra bucks on the listings as things such  as shipping fees, taxes and customs can affect the final paid price such as some sellers using Global ship program etc.. as well as tastes and getting into a bidding war and pushing that little extra at the last seconds. Nature of the game.  

On 7/2/2019 at 10:28 AM, Asbestos said:

It's simple...........buy the book, not the label.  :gossip:

You really need to post pics of both books since the grades are so close together.  Especially since the books might have been graded at different time periods and the 6.0 graded copy might actually present a lot nicer than the 6.5 graded copy.  hm