• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Online Grading?

33 posts in this topic

Hi

Is there a way to get my comic online graded? Just like a quick grade like you would do when you take a comic to a comic store. I could fully scan it (huge pic) so you see the quality and what not UP CLOSE. Could users or CGC people give an estimate of what it might get??? THANKS,

Kyle 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Take a scan of your book and start a thread in the "Grading and Resto" Forum.

Title it something like, "Grade my _______". Forum members will give you an estimate based on what they see. Remember though, they will only be able to give you a grade based on the cover. Use large scans and note any defects that cannot be seen via scan. And remember, they are just guesses. Nothing is a lock.

Also, CGC will not do this online.

Graded Using E-Bigs - http://gradenow.stlcomics.com/

Graded on July 27, 2005 by Kyle

05 - Green Lantern - 1 - Signed by Alex Ross (Varient) - 9.8 NM/M

02 - Batman Hush - 1 - Signed by Jim Lee (1st Print) - 9.8 NM/M

96 - Fantastic Four - 1 - Signed by Jim Lee (2nd Print) - 9.4 NM

04 - Green Lantern Rebirth - 1 - Signed by Ethan Van Sciver (1st Print) - 9.6 NM

27_laughing.gif. im saving it for my "records". just select few from my series. but looks like most my stuff if 9.6-9.8. Well it's interesting to see what effects the condition more, for example I thought if the spine was creased and not rounded that would be bad, but it doesn't seem to effect the score..Oh and my Green Lantern Rebirth 1 has ink bleeding where the DC is, it's a faint yellow, a lil coming down from the circle ring. But I don't see anything like that on E-Bigs.. Anyways, I might send my Green Lantern 1 in. Oh and does CGC check the back and the insides as well?

CGC grade the whole comic. Every inch of it, every page.

Remember a book not signed infront of a cgc representitive will come back with a qualified grade.

Oh and does CGC check the back and the insides as well?

Oh yes. They grade the entire book. And they grade extremely tough.

Anyways, I might send my Green Lantern 1 in.

Don't send in any of those books if you plan on reselling. You'll get the "Qualified" grade (Green Label) as they cannot verify the signatures (even if you provide the COA's). Those books won't sell with a Green Label. 893naughty-thumb.gif

If you just want to have them graded for yourself, go ahead and submit.

What????? So if it's sealed by Dynamic Forces or has a Wizard sticker of authentification it will come back "QUALIFIED"..wtF! If that doesn't sell well, what's the point of sending in signed comics!!

What????? So if it's sealed by Dynamic Forces or has a Wizard sticker of authentification it will come back "QUALIFIED"..wtF!

Yes, because those seals are not tamper-proof or the companies involved are not above scrutiny re: obtaining authentic signatures.

If that doesn't sell well, what's the point of sending in signed comics!!

Ammo for pizzing matches in the CGC registry...