• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else annoyed how comics now have dozens of covers?

44 posts in this topic

I'm a sucker for variants. Top notch talent should get its due.  I do wish more exclusive covers would incorporate some context from the issue, and not just be a portrait. Raw art vs computer and how much is too much is a good discussion. I'm also not sure if I should trust the production numbers of exclusives. 

Edited by nines

On 2/10/2021 at 9:29 PM, mysterymachine said:

I don't mind variants if they have fantastic covers, but I don't understand why any comic company would pay so many mediocre artists for ugly covers. If you are a completest, that has to really hurt to see those in your collection.

I don’t like variant covers when the book inside is garbage. 

Variant covers used to signify a milestone of some kind, now literally all main books get variants for no reason. 

4 hours ago, D2 said:

I don’t like variant covers when the book inside is garbage. 

Variant covers used to signify a milestone of some kind, now literally all main books get variants for no reason. 

Dark Knight III was garbage but had a lot of variant covers. A WHOLE lot. That's the only reason I collected them. The newsstand covers weren't bad either.

DARK_KNIGHT_III_1Variant Signed x7.jpg

DARK_KNIGHT_III_1 Lee Variant Signed x7.jpg

DARK_KNIGHT_III_1_CGC_9_6_WHITE_PAGES_REGULAR.jpeg

DARK_KNIGHT_III_2_CGC_9_6_WHITE_PAGES.jpg

DARK_KNIGHT_III_6_CGC_9_6_WHITE_PAGES.jpg

DARK_KNIGHT_III_7_CGC_9_8_WHITE_PAGES.jpg

DARK_KNIGHT_III_8_CGC_9_6_WHITE_PAGES_BULLETPROOF_VIRGIN.jpg

DARK_KNIGHT_III_9 Signed.jpg