• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The AWAX 2019 SDCC Report

102 posts in this topic

This year felt a little different..

My Theory... 

this is is some of these peeps second or third years. ..

they come for the big things and just come to stand in lines.    

There were lines EVERYWHERE.   DOWN EVERY ISLE. 

to many people just standing around 

aczwy8.jpg

Speaking of lines. If you’ve read my other reports , I don’t like to stand in lines ( unless it’s for Twin Peaks and those days seem to be over )

on thursday I saw at the mondo booth that they had a cool Who Framed Roger Rabbit vinyl record.  I asked the guy if they still had them and he said yes, but you had have a wrist band or whatever to just stand in line to have the option to buy stuff from them. He said if I came back around 6 pm , they let anyone just buy at the booth because the lines are usually gone by then. 

I went back at six. Looked and there were already around hundred or so in a new line , all the ones that came back at 6  .. so I left.  

On on Sunday I walked by the booth. Saw some guy walk up and buy some venom car toy or something.  I asked the guy at the booth if I could get the record then. He said “ how many do you want “ .. so I grabbed one

w9jkf4.jpg