• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERMAN 4 VS ACTION COMICS 23
3 3

326 posts in this topic

On 6/21/2022 at 9:53 PM, Jaydogrules said:

I'll make it really easy for you.  

Here's what the actual publisher says.

https://www.dccomics.com/characters/lex-luthor

The rest is nothing but irrelevant white noise from people who ain't got the right book.  (thumbsu

-J.

Still trying... still wrong. Date stamps prove it. Try again. Fail. Try again. You've been weighed, measured, and found wanting. 

On 6/22/2022 at 12:53 AM, Jaydogrules said:

I'll make it really easy for you.  

Here's what the actual publisher says.

The rest is nothing but irrelevant white noise from people who ain't got the right book.  (thumbsu

-J.

Wow I can't believe this is such a difficult thing to come to a unanimous decision on. Not that that's a bad thing. I think circumstances is correct about Sup 4 coming out before AC 23 but the story in AC 23 takes place before the Sup 1 story, so chronologically AC 23 is the 1st app but in real life Sup 4 was the first time he appeared. I'm sure this has already been posted:

AC 23 

Opera Snapshot_2022-06-22_015243_readcomiconline.li.png

Edited by Professor K

On 6/21/2022 at 10:53 PM, Professor K said:

Wow I can't believe this is such a difficult thing to come to a unanimous decision on. Not that that's a bad thing. I think circumstances is correct about Sup 4 coming out before AC 23 but the story in AC 23 takes place before the Sup 1 story, so chronologically AC 23 is the 1st app but in real life Sup 4 was the first time he appeared. I'm sure this has already been posted:

AC 23 

Opera Snapshot_2022-06-22_015243_readcomiconline.li.png

Why are you wasting your time posting your irrelevant conjecture on CGC boards? Get on it man, gather all this up and present it to DC directly, you clearly know better than they do.  :roflmao:

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/02/15/road-to-1000-who-is-luthor

-J.

On 6/22/2022 at 1:21 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Why are you wasting your time posting your irrelevant conjecture on CGC boards? Get on it man, gather all this up and present it to DC directly, you clearly know better than they do.  :roflmao:

-J.

Cool story. As for you... 15 pages of people giving you proof you were wrong about the release dates (including the publisher) and you're still here whining. I've watched the same thing happen to you on the Hulk 180 forum where you argue with everybody. Sorry to tell you, but same story there, too... you're wrong. 

Facts: Superman 4 hit newsstands BEFORE Action 23

Facts: Wolverine makes a FULL appearance in Hulk 180.

I'm sorry you care more about the being right, than the actual history of the medium. This stance has an obvious bias. Unfortunately, you're wrong on both counts. 

On 6/22/2022 at 8:07 AM, Joshua33 said:

Cool story. As for you... 15 pages of people giving you proof you were wrong about the release dates (including the publisher) and you're still here whining. I've watched the same thing happen to you on the Hulk 180 forum where you argue with everybody. Sorry to tell you, but same story there, too... you're wrong. 

I'm sorry you care more about the being right, than the actual history of the medium. This stance has an obvious bias. Unfortunately, you're wrong on both counts. 

Nobody cares about the unprovable speculative theories of keyboard warriors on the CGC boards. 

Sounds like you just have a hard time in general knowing the right books to buy my dude.  :roflmao:

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/17198/incredible_hulk_1962_181

I repeat - take your righteous crusade directly to the publishers if you believe in them so much, and stop spinning you wheels here, because you are wasting your time.     (thumbsu

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 6/22/2022 at 8:07 AM, Joshua33 said:

Hulk 180 Ya he is called weapon x and he does more than a cameo, but they won't change it.

Superman 4 first Luther but they won't change it.

On 6/22/2022 at 4:21 AM, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

Ok. Just to understand your thoughts on this. Which book do you think went on sale aka "hit the newsstands" first - AC 23 or Sup 4? Because I think that's the only question here. It's obvious by the dialogue in AC 23 that that story takes place before Sup 4's story. I think we all agree on that. 

On 6/22/2022 at 8:17 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Nobody cares about the unprovable speculative theories of keyboard warriors on the CGC boards. 

Sounds like you just have a hard time in general knowing the right books to buy my dude.  :roflmao:

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/17198/incredible_hulk_1962_181

I repeat - take your righteous crusade directly to the publishers if you believe in them so much, and stop spinning you wheels here, because you are wasting your time.     (thumbsu

-J.

I don't need to take it to the publishers. DC openly states that Luthor was released to the public first in Superman 4, and in Action 23 first as chronological story order. 

Ask around... I don't have a problem buying anything. I could afford to buy and sell your collection without even knowing what books you have, or how many... I know that much. Action 23 has never been a book I've cared to own. Does nothing for me, but then again, I'm not a huge Superman fan. Just wanted to get the publishing story straight... which we did, which in turn hurt your feelings. Sorry about that.

Edited by Joshua33
Spell

On 6/22/2022 at 8:12 PM, Joshua33 said:

I don't need to take it to the publishers. DC openly states that Luthor was released to the public first in Superman 4, and in Action 23 first as chronological story order. It's on

Ask around... I don't have a problem buying anything. I could afford to buy and sell your collection without even knowing what books you have, or how many... I know that much. Action 23 has never been a book I've cared to own. Does nothing for me, but then again, I'm not a huge Superman fan. Just wanted to get the publishing story straight... which we did, which in turn hurt your feelings. Sorry about that.

Wrong. 

What DC states, and the only thing DC states , is that the first appearance of Luthor is Action 23.

Here's the link for you again one last time.  

What you think, what I think, what anyone else otherwise thinks, is utterly and entirely irrelevant.  

Good talk sport.  (thumbsu

-J.

On 6/22/2022 at 8:17 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Wrong. 

What DC states, and the only thing DC states , is that the first appearance of Luthor is Action 23.

What you think, what I think, what anyone else otherwise thinks, is utterly and entirely irrelevant.  

-J.

Not wrong. Do your homework and read the entire thread over, where you were continuously owned. Wait... that wouldn't support your narrative, would it? I guess just keep copy and pasting, then. (shrug)

On 6/22/2022 at 4:14 PM, Professor K said:

Ok. Just to understand your thoughts on this. Which book do you think went on sale aka "hit the newsstands" first - AC 23 or Sup 4? Because I think that's the only question here. It's obvious by the dialogue in AC 23 that that story takes place before Sup 4's story. I think we all agree on that. 

For what it's worth, I still think AC23 should be considered the first appearance of Luther. 

It is interesting that the public was introduced to Lex a few weeks earlier, in what was clearly intended to be his second appearance. 

Did AC sell much better than Superman? Maybe they wanted more readers to be introduced to Lex in AC and feel obligated to buy Superman 4, which was out at the same time? 

Edited by KCOComics

On 6/23/2022 at 8:38 AM, KCOComics said:

For what it's worth, I still think AC23 should be considered the first appearance of Luther. 

It is interesting that the public was introduced to Lex a few weeks earlier, in what was clearly intended to be his second appearance. 

Did AC sell much better than Superman? Maybe they wanted more readers to be introduced to Lex in AC and feel obligated to buy Superman 4, which was out at the same time? 

Superman 4 was "Spring Issue" so it was intended to be on the stands for several months.

The fact that it pre-dated by a bit (then overlapped) the monthly Action Comics probably wasn't much of a concern for DC?

Edited by circumstances

On 6/22/2022 at 8:17 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Wrong. 

-J.

If what you think is irrelevant, why do you push your view so hard? I'd be in the Superman 4 camp, if it weren't irrelevant.  I don't own an Action 23 and only a beater copy of Superman 4, for the record.

On 6/23/2022 at 6:56 AM, shadroch said:

If what you think is irrelevant, why do you push your view so hard? I'd be in the Superman 4 camp, if it weren't irrelevant.  I don't own an Action 23 and only a beater copy of Superman 4, for the record.

I'm not pushing "my" view at all lol.

I'm simply quoting the actual publisher- something that really seems to bother Joshua for some weird reason. Maybe ask him why he has been running around the internet pushing his narrative, to absolutely no avail, about a character he professes not to care about , for literally years.  

Everything other than what the publisher states is unprovable theory and speculation, from fanboys and keyboard warriors,  and thus irrelevant.   In fact, I think it is hysterically ridiculous that some dudes on here are trying to look at every meaningless crumb they can find to support their unprovable theory, and make a concerted effort to completely ignore, talk around, or disniss WHAT THE ACTUAL PUBLISHER says.   :roflmao:

This going in circles about it over and over here is also pointless. Any person who seriously  believes the publisher has their own canon wrong would not be posting about it here and everywhere else they can online ad nauseum, they would be making their case to DC directly. Failure to do that is a tacit admission either that you know you don't really have the goods, or that you're just wrong.   :foryou:

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 6/23/2022 at 7:23 AM, Jaydogrules said:

I'm not pushing "my" view at all lol.

I'm simply quoting the actual publisher- something that really seems to bother Joshua for some weird reason. Maybe ask him why he has been running around the internet pushing his narrative, to absolutely no avail, about a character he professes not to care about , for literally years.  

Everything other than what the publisher states is unprovable theory and speculation, from fanboys and keyboard warriors,  and thus irrelevant.   In fact, I think it is hysterically ridiculous that some dudes on here are trying to look at every meaningless crumb they can find to support their unprovable theory, and make a concerted effort to completely ignore, talk around, or disniss WHAT THE ACTUAL PUBLISHER says.   :roflmao:

This going in circles about it over and over here is also pointless. Any person who seriously  believes the publisher has their own canon wrong would not be posting about it here and everywhere else they can online ad nauseum, they would be making their case to DC directly. Failure to do that is a tacit admission either that you know you don't really have the goods, or that you're just wrong.   :foryou:

-J.

Yup. Here we go again. You've been given way more proof than crumbs. The publishing dates from DC, date stamps on copies and everything you asked for as proof, snd you got mad when you got slapped in the face, with what you said didn't exist. 

I don't care much for Superman... always been a Batman and Conan guy myself. Product of the 80s I guess. 

And it's so obvious that you care by your walls of text for years, always trying to get the last word in. I'm sorry you lost your argument. Maybe it's time move on? (shrug)

On 6/23/2022 at 11:24 AM, Joshua33 said:

Yup. Here we go again. You've been given way more proof than crumbs. The publishing dates from DC, date stamps on copies and everything you asked for as proof, snd you got mad when you got slapped in the face, with what you said didn't exist. 

I don't care much for Superman... always been a Batman and Conan guy myself. Product of the 80s I guess. 

And it's so obvious that you care by your walls of text for years, always trying to get the last word in. I'm sorry you lost your argument. Maybe it's time move on? (shrug)

He's a contrarian who enjoys causing a stir with strangers on the internet. He doesn't believe the things he writes, he just enjoys the swirl he can cause. 

He was saying AF15 is the most valuable book in comics, when it obviously and clearly wasn't.  It was a ridiculous position and was proven wrong when Sup 1 sold for $5M+, but he continued the argument even after that. 

On 6/23/2022 at 8:49 AM, KCOComics said:

He's a contrarian who enjoys causing a stir with strangers on the internet. He doesn't believe the things he writes, he just enjoys the swirl he can cause. 

He was saying AF15 is the most valuable book in comics, when it obviously and clearly wasn't.  It was a ridiculous position and was proven wrong when Sup 1 sold for $5M+, but he continued the argument even after that. 

Who's the "contrarian"?  :roflmao:

(But you'll probably just ignore that too)

-J.

On 6/23/2022 at 8:24 AM, Joshua33 said:

I'm going to post these here and then I am done with this because it is pointless and stupid- some more official data from the actual publisher. Notice the book descriptions and release dates.  Oops.  How pesky and inconvenient for you.  How "contrarian" of me. :devil:

Have fun trying to talk around, rationalize, ignore, dismiss, or whatever else you need to do with these to cling to your unprovable (and clearly wrong) fan theories.  (thumbsu

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/comics/book/action-comics-1938-23/73e95d70-4d11-4f43-9bc6-f57aeab6f10c/c

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/comics/book/superman-1939-1986-4/49280098-41cf-479b-9450-4511fef40854/c

-J.

Screenshot_20220623-090234_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220623-090208_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Jaydogrules