• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's X-MEN film (TBD)
3 3

566 posts in this topic

I have high hopes for this - but in my heart I know that this movie will be nowhere near as horny or soapy as any self-respecting X-Man adaptation should strive to be :D

I do hope they don't totally default to the 'core' original members. The general public already knows there are other members thanks to the TV show and other media, so it is fine to put in some fresh faces and explore the space (I don't want to see Beast again, can do without Angel - certainly not another poor Archangel arc even though he is my favourite - we absolutely don't need Logan in this when the new Wolverine is right there and she has been a much better overall fun character for years now. Give us Armour, Polaris, Forge, or Marrow (I also would love Sunfire and Sync, but think the visuals associated with them wouldn't be ideal right now - let Human Torch be the 'Marvel fire guy' for now and no sense including Sync if he is just copying VFX at the cost of any meaningful character development)...and Cyclops, cause he's always right.

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 9:58 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

I so wish they gave us multiple sequels of that. To me, that was one of the best X-MEN movies.

I liked Days of Future Past as well. That was a tough story to adapt with a large cast like that as well as multiple timelines/arcs and I thought they did a very good job of it.

The last two movies were this type of moment for the franchise.

Remember when Fonzie jumped the shark on Happy Days in 1977? : r/nostalgia

Edited by kimik