• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

shadrochs seemingly endless focus group

32 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

Who's the focus group? Are we the focus group? What the hell do we know about Bisbee retailing?

O.o

I am glad to offer my opinion, but what the hell does some semi-hick from North Carolina know about, and can help with, Bisbee retailing???

-slym

The basic question is are there enough comic collectors in bisbee to keep a shop in business.  There may be some residual business from people just randomly coming in to buy something.

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

Bisbee Collective will be an eclectic mix of businesses in a 2500 square foot building.  One 236 square ft. room will be comic related.  

I'm asking people to examine my ideas and spitball them. Participation is optional. I certainly don't want anyone here that doesn't want to be.

As of today, I have a lease with a keto bakery, and a working understanding with a place called Beggars Tomb for them to consign some of their products.

Have a second 14 x 31 room that's currently a blank canvas.

lol Would have been hella more helpful to lead with this.

I'm going to keep tossing out ideas, and see which if any resonate.

For those who are just joining, a one time recap.

I have bought a building in Bisbee, Arizona and am opening five individual businesses inside, as well as fixing up a managers apartment, which I will be living in.

Bisbee is a small town of less than 6,000, but does a very nice tourist business ten months of the year. Unfortunately, I am not in the tourist zone.

This was not well planned. Bought it on sight, with the "I have a barn, let's put on a show" attitude.

Here's my three cents:

1. Good luck with the new venture!

2. As a customer, a store designed like a labyrinth would turn me away. I don't think that's a good idea.

3. What's the provenance of the building?

Building was built in 1964 and was the as office of one of Bisbees more prominent residents.  It was the Southern Arizona Democratic HQ for a few years before the building was leased to the Arizona for State Offices.  Most recently, it housed a vintage consignment shop, as well as the Bakery. The lease for the Bakery is up at the end of the year.

One really nice thing about this is five of the six rooms have two or more entrances

It's not a meandering labyrinth. I doubt many will even think of it. It's just a way of  displaying more merchandise. I'll be doing a soft opening and paying attention to customer reaction.  So far, the few who have seen it live loved it.   

8 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Building was built in 1964 and was the as office of one of Bisbees more prominent residents.  It was the Southern Arizona Democratic HQ for a few years before the building was leased to the Arizona for State Offices.  Most recently, it housed a vintage consignment shop

Pics? 

I hope this exceeds your expectations-you basically left paradise to take a chance.