• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flipping Comics Silver or Bronze/Modern?
2 2

314 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, kav said:

I dont read comics.  I dont like comics.  I dont care about comics.  I JUST WANT TO MAKE MONEY HOW CAN I MAKE MONEY-

Selling your T&A comic art? 

Did I write that out loud?:roflmao:

1 minute ago, kav said:

Truly that attitude is a complete stomp in the face of a collector community.  They were really kind to him if you think about it.

Some say you must be nice to the retarded.

(Is that PC anymore)

2 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

(Is that PC anymore)

I cant keep track.  Best to assume nothing is PC and communicate in binary.

12 minutes ago, kav said:

Truly that attitude is a complete stomp in the face of a collector community.  They were really kind to him if you think about it.

It really is!

I knew of a LCS owner that used to proudly said to his customers I don't read comics, no interest in them at all!

& he didn't just mean the crappy MA stuff, he never read any comics in his life!

3 minutes ago, comics4all said:

It really is!

I knew of a LCS owner that used to proudly said to his customers I don't read comics, no interest in them at all!

& he didn't just mean the crappy MA stuff, he never read any comics in his life!

"I proudly dont know anything about the business I am in and am proud to be proud of it"

7 hours ago, kav said:

Some poor *spoon* made the mistake of asking Justy why he liked CAP.

"Well, he's a super soldier"
Like that explained anything.

So what The Hulk is a scientist Iron Man is an industrialist Thor is a GOD-

The battle between him and bits would have been epic

Cap vs Carnage

20 hours ago, kav said:
21 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Oh no, I have nothing against breakfast steaks, but I usually flip steaks for dinner that's all..  Speaking of which, almost dinner time.  Gotta go flipping!

fry first then bake for perfect stake.

Yep with some melted herb or garlic butter. Yum!

16 hours ago, oakman29 said:

(Is that PC anymore)

I don't think so, since many use that word in a derogatory fashion.  There is also a focus on having a more positive term.

From the Special Olympics FAQ: https://www.specialolympics.org/about/faq

Why use the term "Special"?
In the 1960s, when Special Olympics was founded, "retarded" was the acceptable term to describe people with intellectual disabilities. This was a time when people with intellectual disabilities were routinely institutionalized because their gifts and talents were not recognized.

That's why Eunice Kennedy Shriver wanted to use language that was positive -- language that would help set an upbeat tone. There were many conversations about words that could best describe an exceptional group of people. Eunice Kennedy Shriver saw the adjective "special" as a way to define the unique gifts of adults and children with intellectual disabilities. Starting with the very first Special Olympics International Games in 1968, she wanted to dwell on our athletes' abilities, not disabilities.

7 minutes ago, Cozmo-One said:

I don't think so, since many use that word in a derogatory fashion.  There is also a focus on having a more positive term.

From the Special Olympics FAQ: https://www.specialolympics.org/about/faq

Why use the term "Special"?
In the 1960s, when Special Olympics was founded, "retarded" was the acceptable term to describe people with intellectual disabilities. This was a time when people with intellectual disabilities were routinely institutionalized because their gifts and talents were not recognized.

That's why Eunice Kennedy Shriver wanted to use language that was positive -- language that would help set an upbeat tone. There were many conversations about words that could best describe an exceptional group of people. Eunice Kennedy Shriver saw the adjective "special" as a way to define the unique gifts of adults and children with intellectual disabilities. Starting with the very first Special Olympics International Games in 1968, she wanted to dwell on our athletes' abilities, not disabilities.

Unfortunately 'special' has now become a term of insult, as would any word that replaced it.  

6 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You seem to be an expert regarding derogatory terms for "special" people...

hm

I deal with kids.  YOU MUST BE SPECIAL is a favorite zinger amongst them.