• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Albedo #2...Oh my lord!

112 posts in this topic

That looks like a super-sharp copy (if it doesn't have black color touch). That book is my grail and is ALWAYS a strong seller. Only 2,000 copies made, not a whole lot to go around!

That looks like a super-sharp copy (if it doesn't have black color touch). That book is my grail and is ALWAYS a strong seller. Only 2,000 copies made, not a whole lot to go around!

What do you think is a fair price for a CGC 9.4 with white pages?

Just curious,

Marc

Just curious,

Marc

I think a fair price for a 9.4 would be $1500 or so.

Just curious,

Marc

Maybe 1,500. confused-smiley-013.gif It's a tough one in high grade, do you have one?

Just curious,

Marc

mad.gif Beat me to it. I see you have a 9.0 up on eBay. Is that an undercopy?

Just curious,

Marc

mad.gif Beat me to it. I see you have a 9.0 up on eBay. Is that an undercopy?

No, the other copy isn't as nice, but is signed by Stan... probably an 8.0 or 8.5. I really don't expect that one to sell, but if someone wants to pay me crazy money, who am I to complain? tongue.gif At $.03 a month, I figure it's good advertising for my eBay store.

Just curious,

Marc

Are you talking about this comic?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Albedo-2-CGC-9-4-Whi...1QQcmdZViewItem

Who is this seller? He's listed this 9.4 Albedo #2 multiple times at 1800 without a buyer, then puts it at 2200 and now at 2400. What would make someone pull the trigger at 2400 when they didn't at 1800? I can understand if it's been a year or so between listings, but it hasn't.

and sadly I had what I would expect to be the best copy in existence...I sold it on ebay to purchase a house to someone is Canada. You guys would not believe how 'chery' this copy was. I have pictures and will try to post. I took as many as I could before I sold it.

I sold it for $500 a couple of years ago and was happy. The kicker is that I bought #1 and #2 from a comic shop 3 years ago for $20 all together...seriously. I about fell over when I saw them on the wall for that price. But, if you looked at Overstreet these were right on the money!

Never underestimate the power of the 'furries' 27_laughing.gif

Who is this seller? He's listed this 9.4 Albedo #2 multiple times at 1800 without a buyer, then puts it at 2200 and now at 2400. What would make someone pull the trigger at 2400 when they didn't at 1800? I can understand if it's been a year or so between listings, but it hasn't.

He has multiple copies of Albedo #2 and TMNT #1. I'm not sure what his motivation is; even if it's advertising to drive people to his store (similar to my 9.0 at $1200), he keeps raising the price. My guess is that he saw the auction end at $800 for an uncertified 9.0, and figures that his CGC 9.4 is therefore worth more. confused-smiley-013.gif

and sadly I had what I would expect to be the best copy in existence...I sold it on ebay to purchase a house to someone is Canada. You guys would not believe how 'chery' this copy was. I have pictures and will try to post. I took as many as I could before I sold it.

I sold it for $500 a couple of years ago and was happy. The kicker is that I bought #1 and #2 from a comic shop 3 years ago for $20 all together...seriously. I about fell over when I saw them on the wall for that price. But, if you looked at Overstreet these were right on the money!

That book eventually graded a 9.8 and was sold by forum member Bronty over a year ago for ???

shy.gifhi.gif

That book eventually graded a 9.8 and was sold by forum member Bronty over a year ago for ???

... for a lot less than what these CGC 9.4 are being offered for...

Kind of neat the full circle on Bronty's copy. thumbsup2.gif

Dan

wow that is impresssive! I will have to link some pics to see if we are talking the same one! I remember I sold it the same time that Spider-Man the MOvie was first out in theatres! does that sound about right? Buy it now from hbombman? Could I ask how much you sold it for just to have a finish to the story?

What a gorgeous copy!!!!!