• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Albedo #2...Oh my lord!

112 posts in this topic

well the grade part isn't tough (its not especially hard in hg IMO as the production values were phenomenal but then again what 80s book is tough in hg?) its just finding one period that is a pain.

Are we including cerebus 1 in copper? That would win hands down IMO over albedo 2 although its probably 'bronze'. Is there a cut off established yet? I am behind the times on that.

Other books, depending on your defition of 'key', might beat it also but it would have to be a front runner in terms of a non-variant legit first appearance.

well that's where the definition of 'key'comes in. Gobbledygook, cool as those books are, is a pretty weak-asz 'first appearance.' Albedo 0 while more rare isn't nearly as key. juggle.gif

Who is this seller? He's listed this 9.4 Albedo #2 multiple times at 1800 without a buyer, then puts it at 2200 and now at 2400. What would make someone pull the trigger at 2400 when they didn't at 1800? I can understand if it's been a year or so between listings, but it hasn't.

He has multiple copies of Albedo #2 and TMNT #1. I'm not sure what his motivation is; even if it's advertising to drive people to his store (similar to my 9.0 at $1200), he keeps raising the price. My guess is that he saw the auction end at $800 for an uncertified 9.0, and figures that his CGC 9.4 is therefore worth more. confused-smiley-013.gif

The guy on eBay right now selling an Albedo #2 CGC 9.2 for $1800.00 was also selling some Turtles #1 (later printings) that I was trying to pick up. $5.50 shipping for the first comic though.. and $4!! for the second. $9.50 to ship two magazines... confused-smiley-013.gif

Nothing to do with this thread, but i think i have finally sold my stack of VF to NM- Albedo 3s. Sad to see them go, they were one of the best "re-list" items I've ever had. Probably should have held on to the nicest copy. Oh well.

Al Stoltz of Basement Comics has one on his wall at Chicago for $400. Probably a VF/NM.

I wonder if it's the same one he has now? confused-smiley-013.gif I saw one listed for $400 but it was closer to a FN/VF

Different one.

Bump to this old post.

Anyone have a clue if Al Stoltz still has a copy and if so how do I get in contact with him?

Thanks

Al Stoltz of Basement Comics has one on his wall at Chicago for $400. Probably a VF/NM.

I wonder if it's the same one he has now? confused-smiley-013.gif I saw one listed for $400 but it was closer to a FN/VF

Different one.

Bump to this old post.

Anyone have a clue if Al Stoltz still has a copy and if so how do I get in contact with him?

Thanks

He has a graded copy up right now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALBEDO-2-CGC-9-4-1ST...1QQcmdZViewItem

Different one.

Bump to this old post.

Thanks

He has a graded copy up right now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALBEDO-2-CGC-9-4-1ST...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'll try my luck at this no reserve one that just came up cloud9.gif