• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED!
5 5

254 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, catrick339 said:

All  right,  one  more  Fabulous  Fifties  lowgrader!

Batman 90

Pulled   upper   staple  on  cover,   light  sub-type  crease  and   a  couple others  besides,   two  small tears  RH  edge  FC,   and  
I  kind  of  suspect  the  RH  edge  of  the  cover  has  been  trimmed. Light  water  staining along    spine  and lower RH  corner of book,   
LH  edge     BC  has  a  touch of   Marvel-style  chipping.    Dust  shadow  upper  edge  FC.

That  being  said,   it's  still  a  Batman  90, and the  interior  is tight  with  white pages. Staples  aren't  particularly  rusty,   and  there's only
a  faint  hint  of   migration  on  lower  staple. 

Asking  $75

TnvxsJV.jpg

:takeit: this is awesome.  Batboy! lol

How about  an  Early  Bird or  two?

Mister  "Q"   

Mighty  Midget,  only  copy of  this  one  I've  seen. Quarter inch  split  upper and lower  spine, lignt dogear  FC,  flat  and tight.   supple  tan - cream pages

Measures 5" x 5"

Asking   $30

IMaxu6T.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Laugh Comics 30

Small  tears  at  the  single  staple,  but   cover is  still  attached.  Flat and  clean,  Decent  amount of  gloss,   interior  is  tight  with  offwhite pages.

Asking  $75

DNS4JqM.jpg

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea  #1

Flat and tight,   good gloss,  offwhite pages,   bit of  general  wear,  small  dogear  lower  RH  FC, Teensy  tears/bumps  upper  and  LH  BC,  
this  kind of looks  as though  it  was  maybe the second  book  down  in  one of  the  old-style   bound  bundles. 

Yours for $25

ZKBkpBc.jpg

War Comics 37

Nice glossy  copy,  but  small  split  lower  spine,   general  wear,   two  short tears  LH  edge BC,  one  with  a  dangling  chad,  juuuust  barely attached. 
Flat and tight,    white pages.

Asking  $30

XnBjxcJ.jpg

Bullseye #1

Another Fabulous Fifties  lowgrader!  Gotta love  a Simon and  Kirby   production!

Flat  and  tight  enough,   white pages,  but  sub-type crease FC,  small  tea  with  chip out  RH  edge FC,  and a large   light  water  stain   BC,  last  (ad) page,
and the  outer  edge  of  the next  several  pages. Art  isn't  affected  anywhere. 

O'street  G  is  $77,  asking  $60

G2IUqXw.jpg

22 hours ago, catrick339 said:

SO!  

I  got  spanked  this  AM  by  the mods,   I  listed  a  Preacher  1  without  thinking  it  through,   and  they  shut  me  down. 
Durn, all  they  had  to do was point it out  and  I would've  been  happy  to  remove it,  :D

I was wondering, Rick.  I actually asked what happened in the discussion thread.  I agree whoever reported it could have either pmed you or politely pointed it out in the thread.  

1 minute ago, telerites said:

I was wondering, Rick.  I actually asked what happened in the discussion thread.  I agree whoever reported it could have either pmed you or politely pointed it out in the thread.  

Ahh well,   a  momentary  lapse,  and  a  swift  spanking has  put  me  on  the  straight  and  narrow,   lol

So,  I've  had  a  few  PM's  about some  of the books that got  POOF'd   yesterday,   so  I've  decided  to  rebuild  the missing   stuff.  

Showcase  16

Let's start off  with  the  worst   condition  book  in  the  thread,  the cover on  this  copy is in  horrid shape. 

Plenty  of tape  inside  the  cover,   water,   and  three  corners off  the  BC,   sized  from modest  to  large  and  completely  detached. .  Interior  is  actually  okay, 
supple  light  tan  to  cream,  with  minor  water  stains  and  rusty  staples   with  some  migration,.  

Who  needs  a  reader  at  a bargain  price?

Asking  $30

e21UUw4.jpg

QvV7NqV.jpg

Little  Audrey  Clubhouse  #1

Fun  little  squarebound    one  shot  from  Harvey  comics 

Decent  flat  VG  or so,  with  modest  general  wear,     cream - offwhite pages. 

Asking  $20

xNoRZlO.jpg

Our Fighting  Forces 23

Small  split  and tear  upper  spine,   small  light  water  stain  upper  edge  FC,   general  wear.   Nice looking  lower  grade  copy  with 
offwhite  pages. 

Asking  $30

LcNLMOq.jpg

Marvel  Feature  #1

First  appearance of  The  Defenders

General  wear  including  small  dogears,   no  major  flaws.  Cream -  offwhite  pages.

Asking  $35

d1zMxFx.jpg

Romantic  Marriage 8

Ahh,   I  really   enjoy  those  painted  Ziff  Davis  covers,  there'll  be  a  couple  more  later in  the  thread. 
Small  tear upper  edge  FC,   some  general  wear,  and  the  CF  is  loose.  Otherwise  flat  and glossy,  
with  offwhite  pages. 

Asking  $30

XMNMhKL.jpg

Archie  Comics 38

Looks  pretty  nice  in  the  scan,   doesn't  it?

It's  not.  

Sadly,   there  is  a   strip  torn  off  nearly  all  the  upper  edge   of  the  back  cover,    about  two  inches  wide.  
Sigh...  no,  I  didn't  pull it out  and  inspect  it  when  I  bought it. 

Who  wants  a  bargain  copy  that's tight  and  glossy,   with  white  pages?  With  one  serious  flaw?

O'street  says $53,   asking  $30

2S6saUE.jpg

Mary Marvel 17

Nice  reader,  but  tears  and  glue  at  the  staples  BC,  small  split  lower  spine,  some  general  wear. 

Grab it for  $30

UwbhGj9.jpg

Millie  The Model  Annual  3

Flat  tight  glossy   copy,   all   paper  dolls  intact,  offwhite pages,  but  there  are four  small  tape pulls  on  the FC,  see  Millie's 
right  shoulder,   and  the  bubble   above it.  

Take  home  a nice  one  for  $20

JifQWJo.jpg

Love  Mystery 3

Here's  an  obscure    Fawcett  romance  title  from  1950

Small  piece  out   RH  edge  FC,   general  wear.  Tight  spine  and  CF,  good  gloss. 

Asking  $25

TIobCex.jpg

Fantasy  Quarterly   #1

The  first  of   Elfquest,   what  some  call  the  "Little  Number  One"

Flat,  clean,   tight,     not  miscut  like  most   copies  I've  seen,   just  a  whiff of  general  wear and a  weak   lower  LH  corner. 

Asking  $100

K1KoZTU.jpg