• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED!
5 5

254 posts in this topic

Peter  Rabbit   Jumbo  Book

Giant size!  Says so  right on the cover!

Avon  rebound,  contains  an issue  of Peter Rabbit,   Space  Mouse, and Jesse  James.

Flat  and square,   tight  with white pages.   Small  tears lower   and RH  edge  FC,   general wear. 

Yours for  $50

9x9mLDo.jpg

Confessions of the Lovelorn 110

Nice   looking  painted  cover,   even  if  Our Hero  looks  like Maynard  G.  Krebs. 

I  suspect  the RH  edge  FC  has  been  trimmed,   otherwise  a  nice looking  copy  with  a  couple dogears and  some general  wear, small 
tear at upper  staple  on BC,  quarter inch  split  lower  spine.   Tight,  good gloss,  white  pages. 

Asking  $20  SOLD!

D1Z1XHB.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Greetings,  Gang!

Getting  a  comparatively  late start  tonight,  but  I'll  get  a  few  books  up,  never  fear!

Here's a  double  feature   for you  while  I  get  some  more  scans  tweaked up. 

Superman  199,  first  Superman  VS  Flash  race!
Flash 175,   second  Superman  VS  Flash  race!

Both  lower  grade,   both  complete   with miscellaneous problems,  but  both  display nicely  for the  grade. 

Asking  $50  for  the pair,   NO  I  won't  separate  them. 

cTCpO2g.jpg

pRdn1Hr.jpg

16 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I love that you wont separate them,you romantic you! :luhv:

Yep,   romantic.   That's me!  Well,   unless you  talk  to  my  wife...

War at Sea 22

First  issue under this title,   according  to   O'street  this  is  a  continuation  of  Space  Adventures

A pretty  copy,  flat and  clean,   tight  and glossy,  white pages,  with a  bit of general  wear,  and  a  tiny  tear   LH  edge  BC.

Asking $20

r5kdJ6N.jpg

Superman 98

Another Fabulous  Fifties  lowgrade!

Flat  and  tight  enough,    offwhite  pages,  but  plenty  of general  wear,    water stains,  and   some  critter  has  taken  a  few  little 
nips out  of  the  lower  edge  of  the book.   

Nice  reader for $50

iteNQu7.jpg

Navy Action 7

Pieces  off upper  and  lower  RH  FC,  pieces  off lower  edge BC. General wear.  Tight,   offwhite pages. 

Stories by Joe  Maneely,    Mort  Drucker,     and  Dave Berg. 

$5  for  a  reader   full  of  Mad Magazine  alumni  SOLD!

02xiHhx.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 7/31/2019 at 8:42 PM, catrick339 said:

Wings 68

A  pretty  copy,  but  it  looks  juuuuust  a  bit  narrow  to  me.  But  maybe not,   the   edge  DOES  come  to  a  bit of  a point 
at  the outer  line.  Flat   clean,  tight,   decent  gloss,  but there  are  a  couple  teensy   tears   RH  edge  FC,  and  two  small 
tears  lower  edge BC.  Very  light   sub   type  crease  FC, dogear lower  RH  FC.    Pages  are  bone  white,   MUCH  nicer  than I  usually  find  in  
Fiction  House  books. 

Asking  $60

X52jvKn.jpg

23 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Archie  Annual  4

This  one  sold  in  a  previous thread,   but  I  had  a nonpayer  buyer,  so here we go  again!

Flat  and  tight,  but   a  few  small  pieces out  of the spine strip,  and  I  suspect  a  bit  of  glue  repair  along  the  spine.  Small  corner off 
lower  RH  FC,  bit of  general  wear.  Small tear  lower  edge FC,   matching  diminishing   tears  lower  edge  on  several   pages into the  interior.   
Tight with  white pages, 

Asking  $50

GIqVBxv.jpg

:takeit:

Nick  Fury,  Agent of  SHIELD 6

Without  a  doubt,  my  favorite  Steranko  cover,   bar  none. Alas,  the  interior   is by Frank  Springer,   a  fine  artist  but not  a  good  match 
for this  title  after the  magnificence of Mr.  S. 

Nice  copy  with  a  bit of  general  wear,  glossy,  tight,  white pages.

Asking  $15

txpYfxe.jpg

The Double  Life  of  Private Strong 2

1" split upper spine,  general wear, 1"  semicircle  out  of  lower  BC, chipping upper  edge   of  cover.    The  dangling  chad  in  the  
scan  has   departed,  lol

Nice  reader  with  offwhite pages

Grab some  obscure  Kirby  for $20

LxjiRb8.jpg

21 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Navy Action 7

Pieces  off upper  and  lower  RH  FC,  pieces  off lower  edge BC. General wear.  Tight,   offwhite pages. 

Stories by Joe  Maneely,    Mort  Drucker,     and  Dave Berg. 

$5  for  a  reader   full  of  Mad Magazine  alumni,

02xiHhx.jpg

Take it!

Mad 9

Cover loose,   entire  spine   taped  inside.  Couple  more  tape repairs inside BC. Interior is  missing  half  the CF,   with  the editorial  and house ads, 
all  stories  are  complete. 

Rough  Reader  for $10

O78rgEy.jpg

World's Finest  89

Another  Fabulous  Fifties  lowgrade!

Small  ink  FC,  tape on  spine,   couple small pieces  out  BC,  small  water  stains, spine roll. Tight enough,   offwhite pages.

Asking $20

H0xDBhX.jpg

Mister  Universe 4

Couple  small tears,   few  tiny  chips out  BC.  some general  wear.  Flat  and  clean,   tight  spine  and CF,  white pages. 

Take it home for  $20

ACMuRac.jpg

Cinderella Love 13

Nice  painted  cover  on  the  second St. John  issue, continuation of the Ziff Davis  title. 

Small  corner  off  lower  LH  FC,  bit of rubbing upper  RH  FC,   a  few  chips  and  a  dust  shadow  BC. General  wear,  tight  spine  and  CF,. 
white pages

Yours for $20

4woJktq.jpg

Comic  Cavalcade 11

Old  cellophane  tape on   spine,   three  pieces of   (very)  amateur  resto  on FX,   one  on  top  edge,  two  on  RH  edge.  If you look inside 
some  goofus   stuck  a  piece of  white paper  on the inside of the cover,  and then  colored  the   filler in to  match  the  FC. 
In  1967  I  would  have  admired  the   work,   :D

More  tape  repairs  and  a  small  piece out  inside BC,  interior   is  nice,   solid with  white pages

Asking  $100

9iHo1Cs.jpg