• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does CGC actually mean?
3 3

230 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, G G ® said:

I don't think they're recruiting at present. 

Damn:(

But on a serious note

I wonder how they do their recruiting

And I also wonder if you took 10 graders and each gave them the same comic how many different grades would come up.

Maybe that would be too narrow,maybe 100 graders.

.2 of a grade can mean the difference in $100s of dollars to a seller.

I notice alot of LCS wont deal in slabbed comics,I always thought it was stubbornness of following the herd,but maybe they feel that the grades cant be trusted.

At the end of the day IMO I think CGC is doing a good job,I feel that we could benefit from an accurate pricing system. But than in that case people still have the freedom of choice to buy or not.

I do see a significant variant in prices on the same book,which is sad.

Edited by Hollywood1892

I think the advent of CGC has driven prices in the hobby up, no doubt about it. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing depends on what side of the economical fence you are on.

Personally I only use the encapsulation service to preserve the integrity of a book, a way of prolonging it's cherishable state if you will. I'm not in the hobby for the money, probably because I don't have any money so my opinion is flawed on that score.

For me truthfully there are many good things, and many bad things that the advent of CGC has introduced to the hobby.

The best thing about CGC for me, by a country mile, is these forums. 2c

Edited by G G ®
ytpo

5 minutes ago, G G ® said:

I think the advent of CGC has driven prices in the hobby up, no doubt about it. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing depends on what side of the economical fence you are on.

Personally I only use the encapsulation service to preserve the integrity of a book, a way of prolonging it's cherishable state if you will. I'm not in the hobby for the money, probably because I don't have any money so my opinion is flawed on that score.

For me truthfully there are many good things, and many bad things that the advent of CGC has introduced to the hobby.

I agree(thumbsu

Regarding the forums,its a great place too meet new people,learn new things and chat. And be taught,when teachable moments arise, which in my case happen quite frequently.

A healthy mind needs a healthy environment to grow. And this is one of the best places to grow socially,and to understand more about the world you live in. For the most part people are quite civilized and respectful,and the Mods do a great job moderating the forums(not looking for a job,or being obsequious)

I dont mind the prices that slabbed comics are. I spend within my means. I like certain heroes and villains,and I like knowing I have a high grade of their first appearance

Ie Spidergwen

Deadpool

Carnage

Some of the people that have been involved in the hobby a long time have great advice.

14 minutes ago, G G ® said:

Yes, love this forum..I've learned a lot from all you smart people.  Such a wealth of information to be explored on here.  It's amazing.

30 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

It is also, subsequently, the worst thing about CGC.

lol

I completely disagree. Yes there are d-bags, fools, attention seekers or whatever...but it is a microcosm of society. There is good and bad everywhere. There are a lot of really great, honest, genuine, kind and funny people on these Boards, and the breadth of knowledge and news here is staggering. This place is not just about comic books, and in my experience with everything taken into consideration this is the most sensible online society and knocks spots off so called social media.

Just now, G G ® said:

I completely disagree. Yes there are d-bags, fools, attention seekers or whatever...but it is a microcosm of society. There is good and bad everywhere. There are a lot of really great, honest, genuine, kind and funny people on these Boards, and the breadth of knowledge and news here is staggering. This place is not just about comic books, and in my experience with everything taken into consideration this is the most sensible online society and knocks spots off so called social media.

It was a joke, hence the "lol" (poked at the bolded).

1 minute ago, G G ® said:

Yes there are d-bags, fools, attention seekers or whatever...

Hey!  I'm sitting right here! (tsk)

51 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

Yes, love this forum..I've learned a lot from all you smart people.  Such a wealth of information to be explored on here.  It's amazing.

and..., Kav! :banana: 

18 minutes ago, G G ® said:

Totally agree

A bit of clickbait, but probably one of the best sites going.

And despite some characters,there isn't a character limit. (See how I did that?)lol