• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

After What I Saw Today, I am Thankful for CGC...

81 posts in this topic

If it makes anyone feel better I am done cooking for tomorrow.  

• Sweet Sausage and Spicy Sausage along with Peppers and Onions
  • Chicken Pineapple Pepper and Onion Kababs
  • Steak Tacos

This house stinks... going to be running around with fabreeze and open up all the windows. 

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

If it makes anyone feel better I am done cooking for tomorrow.  

• Sweet Sausage and Spicy Sausage along with Peppers and Onions
  • Chicken Pineapple Pepper and Onion Kababs
  • Steak Tacos

This house stinks... going to be running around with fabreeze and open up all the windows. 

What is a chicken pineapple pepper?

1 hour ago, wombat said:

What is a chicken pineapple pepper?

Chicken + Pineapple chunks + Pepper on a kabab... 

Earlier this summer I made Chicken, Shrimp, Pepper, Onion, Pineapple, Mango kababs... (Sometimes I will swap out the chicken for pork loin)

The white flakes are coconut shavings. 

FullSizeRender-2.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Earlier this summer I made Chicken, Shrimp, Pepper, Onion, Pineapple, Mango kababs... (Sometimes I will swap out the chicken for pork loin)

FullSizeRender-2.jpeg

That looks really, really good

5 minutes ago, Tony S said:

That looks really, really good

ps when I do kebobs I cook all the vegetables on separate kebabs from the meat since meat takes longer to cook then the vegetables etc dont get overcooked.

9 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

FullSizeRender-2.jpeg

Looks good except for the pineapples. I don't like hot fruit. Except for pie. Is that weird?

10 minutes ago, wombat said:

Looks good except for the pineapples. I don't like hot fruit. Except for pie. Is that weird?

Not really. I usually like my fruit cold, but the one exception I would make is for pineapple. 

2 hours ago, wombat said:

2 hours ago, joeypost said:

Not really. I usually like my fruit cold, but the one exception I would make is for pineapple. 

if you ever cook pineapple sprinkle a bit of cinnamon and sugar on it and grill it a bit so it caramelizes on the outside. Had this a few times at a Brazilian Steak house and WAS SO DELICIOUS our entire party loved it as well. So now I do this. TRY it out sometime.

3 hours ago, joeypost said:

Ever grill peaches?  You get a nice sear on the bottom and it turns into a peach cobbler. The trick is picking peaches that are not too ripe so that they grill.  The natural sugar in the peach breaks it down. 

Honestly delicious.   Then you buy extra peaches for peach sangria. Night... done. 

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Ever grill peaches?  You get a nice sear on the bottom and it turns into a peach cobbler. The trick is picking peaches that are not too ripe so that they grill.  The natural sugar in the peach breaks it down. 

Honestly delicious.   Then you buy extra peaches for peach sangria. Night... done. 

Your a genius

On 8/6/2019 at 2:51 PM, wombat said:
On 8/6/2019 at 2:30 PM, nepatkm said:

I didn’t see the picture so my response may be invalid. I do know the other company has a raw grading service, that they place in mylite with a sticker grade in bottom right hand corner. Then put a couple of hologram stickers on the back to tamper resist it. No restoration check with the raw grade service. Was that the picture @Buzzetta 🤷🏼‍♂️

This just seems wacky to me to even offer this service. 

Really, is it anymore wacky than a grading company that offers to take a look at scans for an eBay auction in order to provide you with an estimated grade range along with a possible label type?  All at a cost to you of course, but one which you can then offset in part if you do decide to send the book in for real actual grading.  :screwy:

For the life of me, I can't figure out which grading company that would be.  lol

41 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Really, is it anymore wacky than a grading company that offers to take a look at scans for an eBay auction in order to provide you with an estimated grade range along with a possible label type?  All at a cost to you of course, but one which you can then offset in part if you do decide to send the book in for real actual grading.  :screwy:

For the life of me, I can't figure out which grading company that would be.  lol

For $10 a piece for a raw graded comic, I’d go the extra eight $ to get it encased and checked for  restoration also.. 

I didn’t knock the service, although I think it’s costly, if the price was $5 a book may be worthwhile for people who are learning to/ have no idea to grade. (Similar to pre-screen service - and wouldn’t it be nice to get books that failed the designated grade back with a grade sticker 🤷🏼‍♂️)

-side note I have purchased a couple of “these” raw graded 9.8 copies on EBay for under $5, submitted them in to CGC and they did retain a 9.8 grade in a beautiful CGC case. 👍

Edited by nepatkm
Pre-screen

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

I wasn't making a comment on all things wacky. Just that one thing. 

13 minutes ago, wombat said:
1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

I wasn't making a comment on all things wacky. Just that one thing.

And yet it's not that hard to find something that's even far wackier.  :screwy:  :bigsmile: