• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting a signed coming book graded without a witness

81 posts in this topic

I agree and disagree with some of the points made.

I watch/see/listen to my 16 year old Grandson making snide/snarky/demeaning comments to other players on Fortnite because they are using a controller or aim assist or are new (or anything else he can use) and my Three 10 year old Grandson's also being mean/snarky to and about other people and I wonder, "where did all of this come from", where did they learn this?"

Well, they see adults and their peers treating/talking about people the same way so they do the same, somebody, somewhere at sometime needs to set a better example so I said what I said and I will be helpful and polite to anybody that posts that I am able to help and maybe, just maybe they will pay it forward.

Edited by marvelmaniac

4 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

I watch/see/listen to my 16 year old Grandson making snide/snarky/demeaning comments to other players on Fortnite because they are using a controller or aim assist or are new (or anything else he can use) and my Three 10 year old Grandson's also being mean/snarky to and about other people and wonder, "where did all of this come from", where did they learn this?"

Well, they see adults and their peers treating/talking about people the same way so they do the same, somebody, somewhere at sometime needs to set a better example so I said what I said and I will be helpful and polite to anybody that posts that I am able to help and maybe, just maybe they will pay it forward.

I think these types of relatively thoughtful discussions with multiple (seemingly rational) points of view are helpful.  I think the whole thing is, even if we may come from different starting points, and may not agree on everything, we should probably at least try to see from another point of view.

Which is why I dunk on people asking random internet strangers for help who don't put even a little bit of thought into the question or putting the barest effort (when we have the whole internet at our fingertips) into solving it for themselves.  Also, I obviously get dunked on from time to time (we all do) for not putting enough thought and consideration into questions or statements too.  I think even if some snark/sarcasm is involved, if it is mostly instructive and doesn't become an attack it should be fine.

At least that's how I feel about it.

I had a philosophy teacher in college after the whole quarter basically tell us to treat strangers like either your older cousin or your younger cousin who you're not super close with, which I think applies here. 

Older cousin -   respect their time, don't want them to think you are a insufficiently_thoughtful_person, hope they will help you but understand if they're not able to or won't.

Younger cousin - Hope for a little bit of respect, and you want to influence them in the right way if possible, but not be so pushy or harsh that they'll tell your grandma about it.

26 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

I watch/see/listen to my 16 year old Grandson making snide/snarky/demeaning comments to other players on Fortnite because they are using a controller or aim assist or are new (or anything else he can use) and my Three 10 year old Grandson's also being mean/snarky to and about other people and wonder, "where did all of this come from", where did they learn this?"

That's a lot different, though. I agree with you that this type of behavior isn't commendable in that circumstance, because I deal with n00bs all the time in EASHL. At a certain point, if they're gonna keep passing to the other team, they just gotta stop playing online, because they're ruining the experience of interactive gaming for everyone else.

There are teachable people, and there are teachable moments. If those users would go through 'Be a Pro' mode, and learn how to play the game before getting online, it would cause less headaches.

a couple of different perspectives have been brought to light, so what's the Jerry Springer Final Thought here?

and while were at it, can someone fix my Maytag front end washer?

Edited by NoMan

55 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I must rescind my offer, then.

laundry mats are just weird places. now i enjoyed full on weirdness as a young man, but as an old man, You start talken about Jesus and Flying  Saucers you gotta go

2 hours ago, NoMan said:

I was noob around the same time. The search function didn't work for sh*t. Something to take into consideration. At a more, perhaps humanitarian level, maybe be kind to someone so they stick around to buy your books when you're done. Keep the hobby alive kinda stuff.  

This is the best emoji:popcorn:

Just now, NoMan said:
20 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

This is the best emoji:popcorn:

Why do you refer to yourself as "Hollywood?"

I just assumed he was Paul Hollywood from British Baking Show

55 minutes ago, revat said:

I just assumed he was Paul Hollywood from British Baking Show

Hollywood, the town, is gross. Stripper clothing stores, dirty needles, confused tourists with money falling out of their pockets, pick pockets. Something's bad is gonna pop off at the (once, don't know what it's called now) Chinese Theater. Don't ever go. It's the only place I feel unsafe in all of Los Angeles. Serious. Looking for heroin that's mostly just fentanyl, yeah come to Hollywood.