• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who was the craziest person to ever work in comics?

77 posts in this topic

Vaughn Bode... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

One of the nicest person in the biz I have ever met.

(the thread title was too tempting to pass up as I browsed to see if the Chicago Forum Dinner thread was updated.)

You met Vaughn Bode? I didn't picture you being that old.

Bode was certainly nuts. I don't know if he was the craziest, but he's out there.

Yes, 1971 I was 21, met him at a Comic Con in Berkely. He was some-what shy and very soft spoken. I do have

a very cool story to tell about him if you want I can post it here or PM you if want.

Probably Alan Moore But then again Glenn Danzig did death dealer with frank franzetta and he is off the wall insane If that counts for working on comics

I wouldn't call Danzig insane at all, I've met him a few times. He is on a huge egotrip though, although that's hardly uncommon for lead singers...

Steranko is definitely not a candidate here.

No one to second Mike Netzer/Nasser ? "Nuts" probably doesn't even begin to describe...

and a guy who changes his name to "Priest"? Fruitcake!

Rob Liefeld is the second most craziest person to work in comics (bob almond is 1st) The guy has more delayed books,told off all the people who work at image,pulled a nixon before getting thrown out all while acting like a lil kid who steals features of costumes from existing marvel heroes and calls them his own original creation at his own comic company that he founded for the 17th time after Image.

There are so many to choose from. The pros are a crazy as the fans, but they can write and draw better.

Jack Chic (is that spelled right?) might get the nod from me. Wally Wood places. Jeff Jones has shown some real bad signs. Vaughn Bode was awfully unconventional and went out in a real bad way. Dave Sim can be very nice but go write a homophobic/sexist/anti-housewimp editorial and people are bound to say bad things about you. Harlan Ellison wrote a few comics-- he'd have to be in the running.

The man lives in the middle of the desert with a dead tree in his front yard and did you ever listen to danzig 4 he is nuts I love his work in comics and music but he is nuts

What's crazy about living in the desert? I'd love to live away from society, out in nature, am I crazy? What's crazy about Danzig 4? If you want to talk about nutjobs in metal, Varg Vikernes makes Danzig look like Dr Joyce Brothers.

Just cause people like Horror flicks, Metal and have large ego's doesn't make them nuts. Also, Rob Zombie is a really down to earth cat so whoever mentioned him is off base.

Have to agree. Let's not confuse sanity with choice of musical style. When it comes to being an A-1 nutter, Danzig and Zombie have nothing on Phil Spector, for example. Or Brian Wilson. And they both did Christmas albums, for pete's sake.