• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Would You Prefer, 8.0 (C/OW) or 7.5 (W)?
1 1

32 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

I'm open to suggestions for a new title.

Joe

Page quality preference? Do you prefer cream/ow or white pages? Does page quality matter to you?

My point being a more descriptive topic title might get you more responses. Only the truly bored (myself included) look at click bait titles...

1 hour ago, Avi said:

Page quality preference? Do you prefer cream/ow or white pages? Does page quality matter to you?

My point being a more descriptive topic title might get you more responses. Only the truly bored (myself included) look at click bait titles...

:popcorn: *bored* click baited again... damn.. 

Hard to say without the scans.  I'd take the one that presented better.   Is one perfect centering and the other miswrap;  "Marvel Comics Group" or "arvel omics roup".   12 center vs 2-center.

Are the staples on one in the spine and on the back of the other?   

Too many variables for me, with the grades being that close, to say I'd always take one grade over another. 

Well, I went with the 7.5, as I got the seller to knock an extra $30. Unfortunately, shipping and taxes brought it up to his original asking price.

Justice League of America #13 7.5 (W) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/JUSTICE-LEAGUE-OF-AMERICA-13-CGC-VF-7-5-Speedy-Flash-Wonder-Woman-WHITE-Pages/233304913518?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Justice League of America #13 8.0 (C/OW) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Justice-League-of-America-13-CGC-8-0-Cream-to-Off-White-Pages-UnRestored/264291466383?hash=item3d88ffbc8f:g:g4UAAOSwU~VcuyXE:sc:USPSPriority!51503!US!-1

Frankly, I couldn't see a whole lot of difference between the "presentation" of the two books, so I went with lower price and white pages.

I didn't need this book to fill a hole in my collection. I just remember it being one of my all-time favorite covers from when I began reading comics. As they say, "The heart wants what the heart wants."

So, based on your opinion, good decision or bad decision?

Joe

10 hours ago, silverseeker said:

The 7.5 appears to be better centered and the back cover looks pretty clean...nice purchase!

Agree.  They look pretty close.  I would've taken the "discount" (7.5) as well.  

I see you've made your decision but i'll just reiterate what others have already said, buy what you think presents the best for what you collect.  Some collectors go for page quality over centering, others go for a better wrap over page quality.  Me personally, I've seen 4.0's with lower page qualiy that present better encased than 8.0's that are miswrapped with better page quality.  At the end of the day, it's your collection so buy what you would be most happiest with.  Resale value is another conversation.

I would of gone with the one you picked as well... better wrap and looks sharp and the discount would of been the deciding factor for me. Very close in looks though. the only thing I saw was the 7.5 had more spine ticks than the 8.0 but the 8.0 had a spot in the middle not sure if that from pic or in the slab or what but it bothered me.. lol (shrug)

15 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Well, I went with the 7.5, as I got the seller to knock an extra $30. Unfortunately, shipping and taxes brought it up to his original asking price.

Justice League of America #13 7.5 (W) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/JUSTICE-LEAGUE-OF-AMERICA-13-CGC-VF-7-5-Speedy-Flash-Wonder-Woman-WHITE-Pages/233304913518?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Justice League of America #13 8.0 (C/OW) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Justice-League-of-America-13-CGC-8-0-Cream-to-Off-White-Pages-UnRestored/264291466383?hash=item3d88ffbc8f:g:g4UAAOSwU~VcuyXE:sc:USPSPriority!51503!US!-1

Frankly, I couldn't see a whole lot of difference between the "presentation" of the two books, so I went with lower price and white pages.

I didn't need this book to fill a hole in my collection. I just remember it being one of my all-time favorite covers from when I began reading comics. As they say, "The heart wants what the heart wants."

So, based on your opinion, good decision or bad decision?

Joe

(thumbsu  DCs from 1962 can be hard to find with great paper preservation.  Personally, I'd have bought the white paged copy even it were the same price as the 8.0 c/ow.  Look at how white the back cover stock is, which very likely means the front cover paper is white, too.  That makes the cover colors much nicer and truer to the original printing than a book with yellowed cover stock.