• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM SS#4

10 posts in this topic

Wondering what grade you all would give this book. some light spotting on the rainbow bridge and a 1/2 inch spine split at the lower corner. I will try to add a few more pics from my iphone. Thank you in advance!

SS#4 (1).jpg

SS#4 (2).jpg

SS#4 (3).jpg

IMG_1206.JPG

IMG_1205.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG

IMG_1203.JPG

Edited by Dino-Mutt
more pics

So just curious. Maybe this already exists here. But it would be very interesting to have a forum area for people to post a PGM just prior to sending in a book for slabbing. Then post the CGC result so we can all see how our grading "skills" compare. Perhaps modify the thread subject with a "Results In!" and have it move back up to the top of the forum. Otherwise it will be buried so deep by the time the results come back that no one will ever see it. Just a thought.

42 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

So just curious. Maybe this already exists here. But it would be very interesting to have a forum area for people to post a PGM just prior to sending in a book for slabbing. Then post the CGC result so we can all see how our grading "skills" compare. Perhaps modify the thread subject with a "Results In!" and have it move back up to the top of the forum. Otherwise it will be buried so deep by the time the results come back that no one will ever see it. Just a thought.

Oh it happens plenty and people do see it because folks will bump their threads when they get the book back and often change the title to "Results Are In".

But I think a lot of folks post their books here in PGM never intending to submit them, they just want an unbiased set of eyes to give their input.

Thats what I did here, I thought a 5.5 when posting, but it's good to have another set of eyes bump u back to reality sometimes. I had an x-men 128 i thought could be an 8-8.5 but those of you in the forum were telling me it should be a 9.2. sometimes it just helps to get a second opinion.