• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STOLEN CGC BATMAN COLLECTION UPDATE
2 2

136 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

56 minutes ago, ALFRED PENNYWORTH said:

I'm sure most of you have all heard about the crime committed last December in Boca Raton, Florida of the # 1 CGC registry Batman /Detective Comics Collection...well Philipp Wiesbauer’s trial begins 8 weeks from tomorrow. This has been the longest 8 months I have ever experienced. Philipp will be served a wrath he has never known...or expects! Life as he knows it will be over. AN ARIZONA STATE PENITENTIARY for a long time awaits him as his new home. His crimes charges hold between 4-12 years! And the charges are iron clad in proof. Wake up kid....you are going to go down a path from which there is no return.  
And his detestable father Tom Wiesbauer who brought him into this burglary ( as well as many others I assume....just that this one sucks for him because he got caught) as well as this life of crime sits on the sidelines and does nothing to help him out by returning all that they both stole from me. Tom’s girlfriend Tayna Resnick Willis, another repulsive player in all this by having the knowledge of all that went down and hides in the dark and does nothing. “When you lie down with dogs you wake up with fleas”! And Tayna is infested!  
And for a woman who lost her son in a horrific accident...you would think that she would have some kindness and compassion within her. Well guess not.  
And to top the list off Philipp’s mother Sabine Hunze-Orlando seems more concerned with changing her Facebook profile picture every other day than helping out her son who has been forced to live in her Arizona home since his arrest in January. You would think that her husbands suicide in January would make her want to help out her son as I’m sure she has enough pressure in her life without dealing with a low life kid who steals and got arrested....and is now forced to live in her home. How she hasn’t been able to get her disgusting ex-husband to do the right thing to help their troubled son out of this life changing situation and set him on a better path as he is now a father is just mind blowing! Maybe she’s in on it too?? It wouldn’t surprise me in the least with this low life group of people. Shame on all of them. 
Four loathsome human beings. The wheel is round and it’s about to start turning in a way they never planned as they never expected to have to deal with a victim like me and the law enforcement team behind me who will not rest until justice is served for these revolting individuals. 
Tom has been arrested in the past for Stalking, Grand Theft, and Robbery of stolen property....just to name a few. What a great guy!  
And how he felt it was a good thing to pass this lifestyle down to his son...who has a infant son (pictured with his mother below) and a fiancé (if she hasn’t wised up and thrown him to the curb) just boggles the mind .  
Wiesbauer’s!!!! Return 100% of my items in the condition they were in when you committed your crime and stole my things and the situation for all involved will go in the direction you hope for with my help or in 56 days you will wish you had when given the opportunity. The clock is ticking!!!!
These individuals live in Royal Palm Beach and Arizona....and all have Facebook pages. Feel free to express your feelings to them. MAYBE they will wise up.   If they are your neighbors be aware!!

OP -- Ever heard the words "jury appeal"?  

"Jury Appeal" Is a very underrated factor of the justice system. 

For the future people who would might feel the urge to post something similar, it should have gone like this. 

"I'm the guy who's Batman comics got stolen in this story: (provides link).

The trial is coming up and these are the defendants and other people involved in the case (shows list with pictures, no baby though).  Please beware of them should you ever come across for them, some of them have other criminal histories as well.  The evidence seems like a slam dunk, and I genuinely hope these scumbags get what they deserve.  This has been a nightmare for me.

I have yet to have the books returned to me, so if you hear of any of these books (provides listing preferably with serial #'s), please let me or WHATEVER POLICE DEPT know."

*Side Note, given the value of the collection, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the victim is represented by counsel (a lawyer).  Before making any other public statements (orally or written), I'd run it by counsel and/or the DA prosecuting the case first.

Also, to the OP, this posting may not have resulted in the amount of empathy or camaraderie that you hoped for, but hopefully that will lead you to examine how your statements and actions might be perceived with regards not only to this case, but to life in general.

3 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:
48 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Wow.

giphy.gif

I got to play with Alpacas this weekend.  It was all kinds of awesome.  

I hope the OP isn't gambling that the accused are already convicted.  These cases are usually hard to prove, especially since there is no direct proof he actually stole it.  Maybe he was approached by the thief and offered to buy it dirt cheap, looked up prices on eBay and said sure, then went to Arizona and tried to flip them.  (at least, this is how I would be presenting the case if I represented the accused.  All I need to do is put a seed of doubt in one juror's mind, and my guy is walking.). The fact that the accused has not yet accepted a plea deal of some sort is also indicative that the defense thinks they have a good chance of winning at trial.

I understand OPs pain, I could not imagine the pain of having my collection stolen, but opening himself up to a libel lawsuit is not a good way to react.

I agree, the fact that its scheduled for trial AND the books haven't been found/returned seems to indicate (to me) that it might not be so much of a slam dunk.  I'd think that if there was a video, there would have already have been a plea bargain after 8 months or whatever.  Of course there are stubborn defendants, and defendants with nothing to lose, and dumb defendants who might hope for something wonky in trial or for a hothead victim to make a public mistake....

4 minutes ago, revat said:

"Jury Appeal" Is a very underrated factor of the justice system. 

For the future people who would might feel the urge to post something similar, it should have gone like this. 

"  "

Edited to reflect my own advice.  In general, if you're involved in litigation, resist the urge to put anything in print that you don't have to until the matter in question is resolved.  

The original post in this thread served as nothing more than ego stroking for the OP and now has the potential to be a total fiasco at trial if interested parties find out about it.

yeah to the OP I never want to be in that situation where your books are stolen and understand his frustration with the matter specially not having the books back but until the case is over I would of stayed away from any social media platform, emails, texts, etc.. that speak directly to the situation except for what Revat said but probably a bit less detail maybe like I had my books stolen they have some suspects that might go to trial link article please be cautious around them and this has been a nightmare and let me or local enforcement know if you find my books. 

keeping it neutral as possible is probably the best thing no matter how angry or frustrated you might be about the issue. 

this is why lawyers generally do the talking lol or do the prep for the stand as people can get emotional or heated

47 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

I got to play with Alpacas this weekend.  It was all kinds of awesome.  

I hope the OP isn't gambling that the accused are already convicted.  These cases are usually hard to prove, especially since there is no direct proof he actually stole it.  Maybe he was approached by the thief and offered to buy it dirt cheap, looked up prices on eBay and said sure, then went to Arizona and tried to flip them.  (at least, this is how I would be presenting the case if I represented the accused.  All I need to do is put a seed of doubt in one juror's mind, and my guy is walking.). The fact that the accused has not yet accepted a plea deal of some sort is also indicative that the defense thinks they have a good chance of winning at trial.

I understand OPs pain, I could not imagine the pain of having my collection stolen, but opening himself up to a libel lawsuit is not a good way to react.

We were texting back and forth a few times this weekend and you never mentioned Alpacas!   What the?  I wanna see the Alpacas. 

Edited by Buzzetta

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

"If you can't say anything nice...keep your obnoxious thoughts to yourself" 

Perhaps you should follow your own advice.  Post the factual information, let the justice system investigate and arrest the likely culprits, and let the courts convict and sentence  the guilty.  The people you're accusing aren't guilty until a court judges them to be so and I'm pretty sure that little baby in the picture didn't mastermind the heist.

In Pakistan a child of nine months was charged with attempted murder... 

Granted the case was thrown out BUT the baby was processed. lol  

https://www.cnn.com/2014/04/12/world/asia/pakistani-baby-case/index.html

Just now, jaybuck43 said:

DF661D38-197F-4576-B8BF-32BA13421C66.jpeg

I'm trying to get a certain someone to come with me to meet the penguins at the Bronx zoo... but in the meantime... I just told her about NJ Alpaca farms... You know what I immediately included in that text message?  

Spoiler

A link

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I'm trying to get a certain someone to come with me to meet the penguins at the Bronx zoo... but in the meantime... I just told her about NJ Alpaca farms... You know what I immediately included in that text message?  

Reveal hidden contents

A link

:gossip: Those alpacas are up at my country house.  

1 minute ago, jaybuck43 said:

:gossip: Those alpacas are up at my country house.  

I don't believe you.  You told me that there would be some big concert this summer by your country house...

That almost turned into another "Fyre Festival"...

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I don't believe you.  You told me that there would be some big concert this summer by your country house...

That almost turned into another "Fyre Festival"...

We had a Beatle.  You're alluding to the fake festival that was supposed to be up at Watkins Glen.

Woodstock_anniv_Starr-16Aug19.jpg

10 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

We had a Beatle.  You're alluding to the fake festival that was supposed to be up at Watkins Glen.

Woodstock_anniv_Starr-16Aug19.jpg

I'm sorry... you are correct... 

Peace and Love, Peace and Love... 

Before the Mods shut this thread down... and you know they will... 

I think we should explore the OP's post history... @Gotham Kid, @jaybuck43 @mattn792

Alfred Pennyworth's Tremendous Five Post Contribution to the Boards...

Now... let's examine one of those further... Apparently his first post here was to counter Baltimore Lauren's claim about a deal that went bad seemingly between her dad and himself.  You can find that one right HERE The original poster seems to have always been an angry young man. 

Of course... if you want to get it in context I would suggest reading the whole thread.  It's a time warp thing going back in time 10 years... but hey... as far as CGC's hottest threads?  This thread has EVERYTHING... it has Baltimore Lauren, ComicalGems, RMA, Angry Caplock posts, BHComics, Jeffro being Jeffro and Human Suitcases

What's a Human Suitcase?  A human suitcase is when a little person on roller skates is wearing all of your clothes and you pull them on a string through an airport. 

a6c27396-2976-430e-bf5c-3170d6453b9a-stefon.png

24 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Before the Mods shut this thread down... and you know they will... 

I think we should explore the OP's post history... @Gotham Kid, @jaybuck43 @mattn792

Alfred Pennyworth's Tremendous Five Post Contribution to the Boards...

Now... let's examine one of those further... Apparently his first post here was to counter Baltimore Lauren's claim about a deal that went bad seemingly between her dad and himself.  You can find that one right HERE The original poster seems to have always been an angry young man. 

Of course... if you want to get it in context I would suggest reading the whole thread.  It's a time warp thing going back in time 10 years... but hey... as far as CGC's hottest threads?  This thread has EVERYTHING... it has Baltimore Lauren, ComicalGems, RMA, Angry Caplock posts, BHComics, Jeffro being Jeffro and Human Suitcases

What's a Human Suitcase?  A human suitcase is when a little person on roller skates is wearing all of your clothes and you pull them on a string through an airport. 

a6c27396-2976-430e-bf5c-3170d6453b9a-stefon.png

I'm surprised he only contributed four posts to that thread.  Angry misspelled ALL CAPS rants tend to go on for hours, if not days, on these here boards.

Now, who else wants to commit to buying a whole bunch of yet-to-be-slabbed ASM books, sight unseen?

Getting books stolen, or anything stolen is bad. It's frustrating, and all kinds of unfair.

Posting and venting about it is kind of understandable,but presumably the OP posted to get forumites on board...so then slagging off forumites and sending vitriolic pms is not the way to go.

That is also bad.

It's not the way to engender support and it is all kinds of stupid considering this is still pre-trial. 2c