• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2022 at 10:03 AM, fantastic_four said:

I haven't heard of technology that translates words typed into a keyboard into audible sounds.  If that existed you'd hear a LOT less of it, much less the ideas that could exist beyond those ideas you're referring to.

You're essentially asking if most people here were born between 1950 and 2000.  The answer to that implicit question is yep, we're in a sausage fest.  Hope you like sausage!  :blush:

:makepoint:

On 8/30/2022 at 10:17 AM, skypinkblu said:
On 8/30/2022 at 10:03 AM, fantastic_four said:

I haven't heard of technology that translates words typed into a keyboard into audible sounds.  If that existed you'd hear a LOT less of it, much less the ideas that could exist beyond those ideas you're referring to.

You're essentially asking if most people here were born between 1950 and 2000.  The answer to that implicit question is yep, we're in a sausage fest.  Hope you like sausage!  :blush:

:makepoint:

Whether you still enjoy sausage or not...this place is DEFINITELY still the sausage-fest it has always mostly been, and even more now than it ever was.  Which I'm guessing is some part of what keeps you coming back.  :popcorn:

Edited by fantastic_four

On 8/30/2022 at 10:17 AM, skypinkblu said:

While there are a few exceptions, considering the fact that there are mostly males here, this place is actually remarkably gender neutral  . They are just equal opportunity critics;)  I'd be very disappointed if people who don't like the show praised it JUST because the star is female. 

To be fair most of us have testosterone levels that are pretty rock bottom.  You don't get these pencil, noodle arms by doing a lot of lifting. 

On 8/30/2022 at 9:58 AM, skypinkblu said:

If I wanted to find sexist males, I could do that easily...like when I was looking at Fiction House covers at a con and the guy (I think he was still a guy but he was wearing a dress) next to me asked if I was a "Lesbian"?

I come here because I love comics and besides learning a lot from the people here, I've met some really close and wonderful friends. Some of those friends are a tiny bit macho...Or OK, even a bit more than a tiny bit;) but they have never treated me as less than an equal...and I find I can learn from even those who are a little more macho.

Even people who keep going on about the "perfect woman" who I suspect needs to have a brain besides the body type and hair color that is required.

You are easily one of the friendliest, most knowledgeable people on here and an honest seller.

On 8/30/2022 at 10:58 AM, skypinkblu said:

If I wanted to find sexist males, I could do that easily...like when I was looking at Fiction House covers at a con and the guy (I think he was still a guy but he was wearing a dress) next to me asked if I was a "Lesbian"?

lollollol 

Even people who keep going on about the "perfect woman" who I suspect needs to have a brain besides the body type and hair color that is required.

Just when I assume you're about to give us too much credit you give us right around an accurate amount.  :blush:

I come here because I love comics and besides learning a lot from the people here, I've met some really close and wonderful friends. Some of those friends are a tiny bit macho...Or OK, even a bit more than a tiny bit;) but they have never treated me as less than an equal...and I find I can learn from even those who are a little more macho.

Can the term Macho and comic book collector really be mentioned in the same breath? 

Honestly,  I tend to gravititate to female characters (Kitty is still my all time favorite), I work with mainly women, and generally like women better then men.  Sometimes things just go too far and need to be pointed out however.

On 8/30/2022 at 9:23 PM, Lpgk said:

in further news to aggravate the older male crowd here:

https://gizmodo.com/megan-thee-stallion-mcu-she-hulk-hocus-pocus-tusk-2-1849466739

raise your hands,  if you need to google this person. 

Maybe She-Hulk is fighting Tory Lanez. Raise your hands, if you don't have the slightest idea what I am talking about.

Edited by godzilla43