• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 9/4/2022 at 9:44 AM, drotto said:

Just hear me out.  This is on D+ which is supposed to be family friendly.  We have seen them avoid using swear words, and keep the actual sexual encounters at a pre-teen friendly level. Even the movie MCU only allows a few swear words.  So within Pop culture they get a big get with Meagan the Stallion, who's arguably biggest hit is WAP. She is not a family friendly entertainer.

I saw a funny (probably an urban legend) that a preacher asked what "WAP" was and someone said "Worship And Prayer", so he posted on social media that he was looking forward to WAP on Sunday.

On 9/4/2022 at 2:32 PM, valiantman said:

I saw a funny (probably an urban legend) that a preacher asked what "WAP" was and someone said "Worship And Prayer", so he posted on social media that he was looking forward to WAP on Sunday.

backing-you-get-yours.gif

I'm liking enough of the show to keep going.
I also thought the side plot with the shapeshifter & Meagan the Stallion felt like (really) dumb filler.

However,.... some of the "OMG Twerking?!!" comments seems like something straight out of Footloose land. Makes me laugh.

Speaking on a more technical level, as someone who did a little CG animation myself, (I also did some graphic design for Disney, and other movie studios) there are some weird stuttering problems with her animation. Some of the key frames feel off and stiff at times.
Her face isn't that bad. I can understand the debate, but female faces are softer and don't have as many detail marks.
For example, Hulk has a 5oClock shadow to help ground him better. Thanos had some peach fuzz, large pours and extra line work.

If you want to learn more, Corridor has a great YouTube discussion on She-Hulk.

Edited by Rip

On 9/4/2022 at 3:57 PM, Rip said:

I'm liking enough of the show to keep going.
I also thought the side plot with the shapeshifter & Meagan the Stallion felt like (really) dumb filler.

However,.... some of the "OMG Twerking?!!" comments seems like something straight out of Footloose land. Makes me laugh.

Speaking on a more technical level, as someone who did a little CG animation myself, (I also did some graphic design for Disney, and other movie studios) there are some weird stuttering problems with her animation. Some of the key frames feel off and stiff at times.
Her face isn't that bad. I can understand the debate, but female faces are softer and don't have as many detail marks.
For example, Hulk has a 5oClock shadow to help ground him better. Thanos had some peach fuzz, large pours and extra line work.

If you want to learn more, Corridor has a great YouTube discussion on She-Hulk.

There is no OMG TWERKING comments 

Its nothing more than a shameful display

Oh wait, I get it now. There is no such thing as shame anymore 

How retarded of me

On 9/4/2022 at 5:22 PM, The Meta said:

There is no OMG TWERKING comments 

Its nothing more than a shameful display

Oh wait, I get it now. There is no such thing as shame anymore 

How retarded of me

I don't think it's appropriate to use that word...

Shame 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by D84

On 9/4/2022 at 5:41 PM, Rip said:

The person who made this didn't get much past the Ice Cream Social's and Cake Walk's of the 70's-90's.

Wait until they see Saturday Night Fever or Lambada: the Forbidden dance.

Someone already quoted Footloose

Doesn't stop it being stupid

On 9/3/2022 at 7:41 PM, jcjames said:

And THAT'S how you destroy any sympathy or credibility in "the message" of women not being respected in the workplace. 

Her: "Why can't I be taken seriously and not be cat-called and sexually objectified as a professional woman!??"

Also Her: 

1522723303_SheHulkTwerk(2).thumb.jpg.66574ccd92c98a8155a153443b0be331.jpg

It's not like she did it at a bar, either. She did it on the clock. It does reinforce that you, yourself, are typically your own worst enemy. (I doubt that's the message they are going for, despite how true it is.)

I have decided this is a comedy if you look at it from the rules on new comedy, like the idea that Samantha Bee is a comedian.  We grew up with comedians wanting to make you laugh.  Look at Seinfeld,  Southpark, Scrubs, etc.  Those were successful when you hurt from laughing at the end of some episodes.  This show is an applause comedy, which is favored by more issue oriented comedians.

Applause comedy is based around setting up a straw person, then making the audience clap, not laugh, when that person gets what they deserve, or the situation or line "roasts" them. It is about making the audience clap with approval and agreement not having the more traditional guttural reaction. 

So why this type of comedy is so divisive?  If you do not agree with the writer or comedian, you will not give or feel the need to give the desired response. It will not elicit a response at all, or make you just roll your eyes. More traditional laugh comedy is more primal, and often pulls from things that are uncomfortable, and may be offensive (with laugh comedy this is not a negative, it can even be the point). You can almost not help responding, regardless of you leanings. 

I guess you can say She Hulk is successful as an appluase comedy.

Edited by drotto

On 9/6/2022 at 10:28 AM, TupennyConan said:

Applause comedy. 

Remember in Appluase Comedy in addition to clapping using phases such as....

"They got what they deserved"

"Wow, they really are stupid"

"That person is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person"

"You are so right"

"You go girl"

Are actually preferred over laughter. 

Edited by drotto