• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

I enjoyed this weeks episode 

I really like the main character in her alter ego and regular persona 

my only complaint is the shows go by too fast 

this has been #3 on most enjoyable Disney+ shows after Hawkeye and Wanda vision though in hindsight WV is the show I hate the most for the tease it became and never delivered 

On 9/23/2022 at 8:08 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Wanda vision though in hindsight WV is the show I hate the most for the tease it became and never delivered 

It's pretty odd. It was easily the most fun of anything in Phase IV & yet the thing I feel least interested in seeing again. 

On 9/23/2022 at 9:23 AM, TupennyConan said:

It's pretty odd. It was easily the most fun of anything in Phase IV & yet the thing I feel least interested in seeing again. 

That is a problem I have had with the things I liked in phase 4.  I liked WandaVision, Loki was decent, Shang-Chi was ok, etc.  I have no desire to see any of them again.  I rewatched early stuff frequently.

I know she is grating at times,  but when she is brining up the same or similar points that the haters bring up, warning lights should be flashing everywhere. Randolph's points not mine.....

1. Man bashing

2. Looks cheap 

3. Self insert writing

4. Women hating on women

5. Jen is not fun 

6. Poorly written

7. Yes there is misogyny in the world, but this show throws fuel on the fire (kinda my favorite)

On 9/23/2022 at 10:27 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I find it silly you keep watching a show you dislike so much

(shrug)

this might be as odd to me as someone who has watched captain marvel 100 times 

I have admitted to getting some sort of perverse pleasure out of watching the show already.  I think it is just utter disbelief that this is a MCU product.

I watched Captain Marvel once, and will never watch it again.  I do not plan on seeing the Marvels. 

On 9/23/2022 at 4:47 AM, Bosco685 said:

That's a misinformed assumption. As I try to give MCU, Sonyverse and DC movies and shows a fair try in the hope they will work. Even when there are folks that repeatedly say they will be bad before release.

So playing at I am taking it out on others must be your attempt at projecting. As your first assumption comes across as if individuals that don't appreciate these She-Hulk episodes by default then they must be DC fans (like you must be Marvel or none at all). That ignores the story influences we are seeing played out here. Like in this latest episode with an immortal man that when he gets bored with a love interest (majority women) he kills himself to escape the relationship. Or as has been noted in the scene when the two female attorneys are telling him he needs to improve his views on partnership, he throws himself out the window to escape their 'nagging' and then comes back to life to move on.

It's blatantly clear what these writers are heavy-handedly conveying: men see women as temporary playthings, and just want to screw and move on. Yet if She-Hulk does it, she is just playing the same relationship games that men play at. There are some damaged people on that writing staff.

If Sony did this with its content, people here would pounce on the fact it is ramming social commentary down our throats. But with MCU there is always that hardcore portion of fandom that no matter what, "This is so amazing!"

This is a big problem with a lot of people.  They fill the need to categorize you or insult your intelligence because you don't share the same opinion.  These same people then seem to claim that they're very tolerant of other people........

On 9/23/2022 at 10:27 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I find it silly you keep watching a show you dislike so much

(shrug)

this might be as odd to me as someone who has watched captain marvel 100 times 

I think if you are enjoying the show, you should continue on and hopefully it keeps hitting the marks you desire. :cheers:

For me, I keep watching for Daredevil and to see what they are lining up for follow-on in the franchise.

On 9/23/2022 at 4:08 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I enjoyed this weeks episode 

I really like the main character in her alter ego and regular persona 

my only complaint is the shows go by too fast 

this has been #3 on most enjoyable Disney+ shows after Hawkeye and Wanda vision though in hindsight WV is the show I hate the most for the tease it became and never delivered 

I'm probably the only other defender of the show here besides Hector. I take it for what it is, lighthearted and funny. And yes, I watch it on the dot when it gets released Wednesday night in my time zone. I also agree WV was a big letdown, with Agatha being the main villain. The show was doing great until it completely went off the rails in the last episode. 

Honestly, they're doing a good job with SH and keeping me guessing. I have no idea where it's going and how Daredevil and Frogman are going to fit in with this. My hope (although it seems like a long shot at this point), is that the Leader is behind this and eventually teams up with Abomination, who was just doing a swerve the whole time. Then we have some real Hulk villains to work with. 

Edited by Lpgk

On 9/23/2022 at 6:03 AM, drotto said:

I know she is grating at times,  but when she is brining up the same or similar points that the haters bring up, warning lights should be flashing everywhere. Randolph's points not mine.....

1. Man bashing

2. Looks cheap 

3. Self insert writing

4. Women hating on women

5. Jen is not fun 

6. Poorly written

7. Yes there is misogyny in the world, but this show throws fuel on the fire (kinda my favorite)

bro, her voice makes me want to jump out the window like Mr. Immortal. LOL

we get it. she hates the show, nitpick it to death. the end. 

On 9/23/2022 at 8:03 PM, PovertyRow said:

Again the episode was OK but the fun/glitz is not where it was. As far as Madisynn goes, have to wonder how far ahead they've filmed and if they are still writing with the awareness of the impact she's made. 

Streaming shows are completely filmed for months once they start airing.  They may be able to do some editing once it starts showing if it is on a weekly release schedule, but that is all.

On 9/23/2022 at 6:00 PM, drotto said:

Streaming shows are completely filmed for months once they start airing.  They may be able to do some editing once it starts showing if it is on a weekly release schedule, but that is all.

Thanks! Yeah, I just did a search and filming wrapped earlier this year.