• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2022 at 8:41 PM, Microchip said:

The pile on the writing isn't slowing down.

I just watched this video the other day.

The reviewer referring to actual She-Hulk comic book stories is hard to argue against. So if accurate the writer noted not reading the comics, not surprising what we are watching.

The other video I posted the reviewer noting the mix-ups in the writing with Jen's career success yet she tells Bruce how frustrated she is not getting ahead was certainly inconsistent storytelling.

On 8/31/2022 at 8:53 AM, thegiftedone45 said:

I just can't take this show (Winter Soldier) seriously considering they were getting beat by "Lillith".  Winter Soldier goes hand to hand with Captain America but can't beat Lillith and her goons.....

It was a pretty bad and useless show, I gotta admit.

On 8/31/2022 at 12:59 PM, D84 said:

What kind of stunts were they doing?

Jameela Jamil injured her butthole during 'She-Hulk' stunts

https://nypost.com/2022/08/17/jameela-jamil-injured-her-butthole-during-she-hulk-stunts/

My mental Rolodex is spinning far too fast to offer a reply :insane:

https://thedirect.com/article/she-hulk-episode-1-marvel-changes

Could explain many of the editing issues, tonal problems, and other inconsistencies with the first episode.   The writers did not want the origins to be the first episode, but the higher ups forced them to reshoot and change the episode order.

Not saying it fixes some of the issues with the show, but it certainly could explain some of the problems.

On 8/31/2022 at 4:31 PM, drotto said:

https://thedirect.com/article/she-hulk-episode-1-marvel-changes

Could explain many of the editing issues, tonal problems, and other inconsistencies with the first episode.   The writers did not want the origins to be the first episode, but the higher ups forced them to reshoot and change the episode order.

Not saying it fixes some of the issues with the show, but it certainly could explain some of the problems.

Noted a few pages back how they changed around the episodes, making Episode 8 then Episode 1.

On 9/1/2022 at 11:48 AM, Bosco685 said:

The more I watch, the more it confirms this is not for me. And that is okay. All of the content doesn't have to be geared to everyone.

But man. Am I struggling with this one.

I may be in the same boat,  but I figured the things that are bothering me and this episode just made them clear. It guess it has somewhat succeeded, because I did watch episode 3. I think I am watching in disbelief at this point.p

1. All the characters are caricatures not real people. They are all one dimensional, often  with the goofy, silly, or stupid dialed to 12. We have non serious judge, we have over reacting parole board, we have dumb thugs (the Wrecking Crew).  We have the silly jokey Wong.

2. Not only are the characters one dimensional,  non of them are original.  We have seen them all before. Her girlfriend is just the ultimate you got this BFF. The misogynist guy is just Barny with even fewer redeeming qualities. And there are no normal people save Jennifer, to balence things out some.

3. Everything is written to ultimately remind us Jennifer is the smartest person in the room.

4. The show is supposed to be a comedy, I get that.  But most comedies known when they need to dail it back somewhat.  This one just pushes relentlessly at that silly. There is no balance. 

On 9/1/2022 at 10:07 AM, drotto said:

I may be in the same boat,  but I figured the things that are bothering me and this episode just made them clear. It guess it has somewhat succeeded, because I did watch episode 3. I think I am watching in disbelief at this point.p

1. All the characters are caricatures not real people. They are all one dimensional, often  with the goofy, silly, or stupid dialed to 12. We have non serious judge, we have over reacting parole board, we have dumb thugs (the Wrecking Crew).  We have the silly jokey Wong.

2. Not only are the characters one dimensional,  non of them are original.  We have seen them all before. Her girlfriend is just the ultimate you got this BFF. The misogynist guy is just Barny with even fewer redeeming qualities. And there are no normal people save Jennifer, to balence things out some.

3. Everything is written to ultimately remind us Jennifer is the smartest person in the room.

4. The show is supposed to be a comedy, I get that.  But most comedies known when they need to dail it back somewhat.  This one just pushes relentlessly at that silly. There is no balance. 

I would agree with you on these points.

Though I admit I am still watching and I am not disliking the show but there are so many things that do not work for me.

Episode 3:

Spoiler

Jen works on her case to clear Blonsky, and interviews Wong who admits he took Blonsky to go fight in the cage. Later Wong testifies at the parole hearing and Blonsky is paroled.

Re: Blonsky,  he is written to be this soul searching advice guru now instead of the very powerful man...because we can't have powerful men in this show?

The sub-plot is stupid: her former colleague whose name I can't remember (we will call him toxic-male), hires Jen's law division to sue this irritating shapeshifting Asgardian woman because he was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person thinking he was hooking up with the rapper chick in the end credits and was spending ridiculous sums of money on her. $175,000. Lame

The Wrecking Crew make an appearance and it appears they were trying to gather some blood from She-Hulk but fail because while they attack her, she suddenly remembers that she can turn into She-Hulk to remove the attacker that has grabbed her. The Wrecking Crew are more bumbling incompetent men. The men in the show are either bumbling or toxic jerks or can be ignored or very wooden.

The twerking at the end credits is awful!

Another 5 out of 10 from me. I just don't know what the show is trying to be, because I didn't laugh at all again. (shrug)

Edited by Artboy99

On 9/1/2022 at 12:31 PM, Artboy99 said:

I would agree with you on these points.

Though I admit I am still watching and I am not disliking the show but there are so many things that do not work for me.

Episode 3:

Hide contents

Jen works on her case to clear Blonsky, and interviews Wong who admits he took Blonsky to go fight in the cage. Later Wong testifies at the parole hearing and Blonsky is paroled.

Re: Blonsky,  he is written to be this soul searching advice guru now instead of the very powerful man...because we can't have powerful men in this show?

The sub-plot is stupid: her former colleague whose name I can't remember (we will call him toxic-male), hires Jen's law division to sue this irritating shapeshifting Asgardian woman because he was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person thinking he was hooking up with the rapper chick in the end credits and was spending ridiculous sums of money on her. $175,000. Lame

The Wrecking Crew make an appearance and it appears they were trying to gather some blood from She-Hulk but fail because while they attack her, she suddenly remembers that she can turn into She-Hulk to remove the attacker that has grabbed her. The Wrecking Crew are more bumbling incompetent men. The men in the show are either bumbling or toxic jerks or can be ignored or very wooden.

The twerking at the end credits is awful!

Another 5 out of 10 from me. I just don't know what the show is trying to be, because I didn't laugh at all again. (shrug)

Another thing with that fight scene...

Spoiler

The Wrecking Crew guy with the needle has her from behind and grabs her when she was unaware of him.  His only job is to jab her. He knows she is the She-Hulk. Would you not have stabbed first and ran, thus not dealing with hardened skin? Just again poor writing, or writing to make a point. Plus, the scene editing is poor again

Edited by drotto