• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

Episode 1 = I was hopeful, but... it wasn't hooking me.

Episode 2 = Ok, that was really short, but I kind of liked it... I'll give this a shot.

Episode 3 = :eek: :eek: :eek:  (the CG was much worse in this episode and somewhat distracting)

Episode 3 after credits scene = :facepalm:

I'm going to keep watching, but I'm not quite as hopeful

I've been a pretty ardent defender of this show so far, but even I have to admit E3 was a letdown. maybe 5/10. 

Takes:

Spoiler

1. Blonsky's 7 friends are a bunch of hippie girls. I was hoping it would be the rest of the Thunderbolts in slow reveal, but I guess that was too obvious. 

2. They ruined the Wrecking Crew. These could have been some major league villains developed over several shows only to come together at some point. Here they are nothing more than a throw away gag. You could've just taken any pro wrestler or UFC guy to fill out the cast but no, let's take a bunch of dudes who don't even look they can even bench press their weight. Hell, I could probably find some guys down here at the Planet Fitness who look the part better. 

3. I can see why they did the post credit scene and I don't have a problem with it, but it wasn't really funny and went on too long. 

Someone wrote that the writer didn't reference or even read any of the source material. I'm beginning to believe it. I wouldn't expect them to know every minor storyline from the comics but when you don't have any appreciation for some of the major characters, the ones people really want to see on the screen, it's a glaring problem. 

On 9/1/2022 at 3:16 PM, Lpgk said:

I've been a pretty ardent defender of this show so far, but even I have to admit E3 was a letdown. maybe 5/10. 

Takes:

Hide contents

1. Blonsky's 7 friends are a bunch of hippie girls. I was hoping it would be the rest of the Thunderbolts in slow reveal, but I guess that was too obvious. 

2. They ruined the Wrecking Crew. These could have been some major league villains developed over several shows only to come together at some point. Here they are nothing more than a throw away gag. You could've just taken any pro wrestler or UFC guy to fill out the cast but no, let's take a bunch of dudes who don't even look they can even bench press their weight. Hell, I could probably find some guys down here at the Planet Fitness who look the part better. 

3. I can see why they did the post credit scene and I don't have a problem with it, but it wasn't really funny and went on too long. 

Someone wrote that the writer didn't reference or even read any of the source material. I'm beginning to believe it. I wouldn't expect them to know every minor storyline from the comics but when you don't have any appreciation for some of the major characters, the ones people really want to see on the screen, it's a glaring problem. 

Your first spoiler bullet - right there with you.

I just assumed this was clearly lining up the Thunderbolts. And they were playing to comedy routines to get there. THAT reveal was not what I expected.

:(

On 9/1/2022 at 1:20 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I really did not think that the MCU could go lower than the Cheez-Whiz joke in Endgame. I thought that would be their bottom of the barrel reach for laughs that ends up in cringe...

Lo and behold, they somehow lowered the bar and put twerking into a show.

Marvel is literally handing the keys to DC. It's up to Zaslav and Co to take them.

I haven't watched this episode yet, I have to wait until I get home and watch it with my daughter. But are you kidding me they have She-Hulk twerking :facepalm: Marvel you're killing me. These shows and movies just keep getting worse and worse

I feel like Marvel positioned this show as a comedy, and the writers do not know what a comedy or a sitcom is or how to write one.  They are doing what they think a sitcom is which is ramp up the silly and goofy, and make all the characters stereotypes with no dimension. They were hired to do something they clearly do not know how to do. This video is a good explanation on what is a sitcom and how they are done.  She-Hulk is supposed to be this, to me at least it does not fit. I am notbsure it knows what it is.

On 9/1/2022 at 3:52 PM, Bosco685 said:

She_Hulk_twerk.PNG.0324fc98b6a9e8382b1112abe43f1d78.PNG

My GF & I have been unhappy with a 6'7" She-Hulk. SH's a lot smaller than that Ruffalo Hulk loser.

I assured her that SH was going to get bigger. 

Thus,

told ya so!

On 9/1/2022 at 3:16 PM, Lpgk said:

They were SOOO lame!!! I love me some WC in the comics.  I can only hope these losers get "powered up" by...... something... and then like you say, get some UFC guys to take over the roles.  Marvel... DO IT!

Edited by gadzukes