• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 10/3/2022 at 6:36 PM, Bosco685 said:

I note it was posted under her character name so i have to think she is in character as Titania for that.... otherwise that was really bad

Edited by Artboy99

Overall, I really enjoyed She-Hulk. I'd say the finale episode was the weakest of the season, but still enjoyable as far as I'm concerned.

It's nice seeing a variety of Marvel shows. If they were all beat em' ups, that would get boring fast. The fact that this was more of a comedy (similar to the comics) with a superhero backdrop was great. Madisynn was the best character on the show. I hope to see more Madisynn appearances in the MCU in the coming years!

I thought I heard a couple British affects slip in there. Weird because I don’t remember noticing a one in the entire Netflix run. Also I dunno if it’s the new suit or he’s filling in a bit with age but Charlie looked a bit…thicker than I remember. Reminded me of Batfleck.

I gave up on this terrible show a month ago but had to come back for DD & wasn’t disappointed. I’m all in with making Charlie the MTVU version of RDJR. 

On 10/6/2022 at 4:15 AM, Bosco685 said:

Although I'm not a fan of the She-Hulk show this latest episode with Charlie Cox was the best of 8 episodes. Crazy it took this long.

But he kept slipping up with a British accent. That was odd.

That old Netflix theme though... :headbang:

I agree, best of the 8 episodes 

On 10/6/2022 at 9:52 AM, Artboy99 said:

I agree, best of the 8 episodes 

But as was noted, Charlie Cox having a British accent threw me off a few times. You could tell he was struggling with certain words.

Never had that happen with Netflix's Daredevil show that I ever picked up on.

And yet again Jen has to sleep with a guy she meets. :shiftyeyes:

On 10/6/2022 at 9:34 AM, Bosco685 said:

But as was noted, Charlie Cox having a British accent threw me off a few times. You could tell he was struggling with certain words.

Never had that happen with Netflix's Daredevil show that I ever picked up on.

I would appreciate the writers giving this some explanation (as it was in comics), a simple scene with her discussing it with her assistant as an example. Somehow whatever has modified her has dramatically affected her sex drive/confidence and she is learning that her "Hulkness" is in fact more difficult to control than she thought. The last scene of ep08 definitely showed that. and I hope to see more.

On 10/6/2022 at 11:34 AM, Bosco685 said:

That sounds a bit accusatory towards Jen. I believe the Intelligencia accused her of something similar...

Here's how it works. When someone who previously wasn't getting a lot of action in the bedroom department (like plain Jen) becomes famous and attractive (like She-Hulk), they can find themselves suddenly having more offers or whatever for "action" that, again, wasn't there before. He or she can also finds themselves in perilous situations like people wanting something from her or people attacking her. As Vision said, their very existence invites conflict. 

Jen, who we've established isn't a prude Nor a guardian of high moral "values" nor wants to be a super-hero, is simply taking advantage of the situation like any "normal' person would.

Though deliberately caricaturish, She-Hulk Attorney-at-Law is an amazing show that treats being a super-hero with real world gloves. Stan Lee would be proud.

On 10/6/2022 at 12:53 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

simply taking advantage of the situation like any "normal' person would.

Action is a normative measure of folks. This is the idea that action, in & of itself, is good & healthy. We are to be anything other than that miserable being we condemn as an incel. 

Got it.  

On 10/6/2022 at 12:53 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

That sounds a bit accusatory towards Jen. I believe the Intelligencia accused her of something similar...

You mean the lady that has jumped from male character to male character throughout? Surprised you missed that.

On 10/6/2022 at 1:00 PM, Bosco685 said:

You mean the lady that has jumped from male character to male character throughout? Surprised you missed that.

Yes, Jen dating in her 30’s is a big part of the show, I got that. I mean the insinuation that there’s something wrong with it.

I mean, I assume you’re a family guy-type who was probably happily married through his 30’s. I personally know two ladies in their 30’s who have recently and reluctantly rejoined the dating circuit. One of them, a bit of a “looker”, goes through guys she meets (both thru Tinder or real life) like dessert at a buffet table looking for the next Mr Right. 

What Jen is doing is normal for women in todays society even though (Spoiler alert?) the Intelligencia is weaponizing her love life against her.