• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Find out why a grade was very low?
1 1

13 posts in this topic

I just checked my grades online and got a mysterious 2.0! The rest were high grade and I thought this one was too.

Is there any way to find out why the grade was low? There are no notes.

Maybe the comic was damaged in shipping but the rest were fine.

Admittedly, I sent it in without looking inside so maybe a page had damage.

I guess I'll crack it open and take a look.

Prob a better home for this would be the Grading/Restoration forum

When you say you expected a high grade - how high?   Were you expecting 8.0+ and got a 2.0?

Maybe someone made a typo entering in that info online.  I'd suggest calling CGC and asking.

If you had pics of what you submitted, you could post those here for opinions on what it would grade at.

Edited by csaag
typo

54 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Odd that a 2.0 has no grader notes. 

Odd that ANY graded book would have no graders notes, given there are only very general CGC grading criteria available to explain what their grades mean or how they arrive at them.

Edited by jcjames

7 hours ago, csaag said:

Prob a better home for this would be the Grading/Restoration forum

When you say you expected a high grade - how high?   Were you expecting 8.0+ and got a 2.0?

Maybe someone made a typo entering in that info online.  I'd suggest calling CGC and asking.

If you had pics of what you submitted, you could post those here for opinions on what it would grade at.

I was expecting a 9.4 or higher. In fact it looked like a very nice book.

Good tip about calling CGC. I'll wait until I receive the shipment so I can view the comic. Maybe they meant to enter a 9.2???

Edited by eastcoaster

1 hour ago, eastcoaster said:

Jcjames, do you typically get graders notes? I have had 21 comics graded so far and haven't seen any notes online. 

not sure if grade notes are tied to the submission and level of member you are as it might be free on certain levels and paid on others. I would call CGC to find out.

5 hours ago, eastcoaster said:

Jcjames, do you typically get graders notes? I have had 21 comics graded so far and haven't seen any notes online. 

More often than not, no grader notes.

FWIW Highest graded book I got grader notes on was 9.4 that I was expecting 9.6/9.8. It somehow got a crease after it left my hands, from mine to theirs at a con.